Apparel Sourcing & Operations Manager – 47 Brand
In 1947, twin brothers and Italian immigrants, Arthur and Henry D’Angelo founded Twins Enterprises, now ’47. The D’Angelos were entrepreneurial pioneers who were quick to see the future of sports licensing by selling pennants and other sports memorabilia on the streets around Fenway Park. Through a combination of hard work, sound instincts and incredible passion, the brothers were able to grow their business from a single street cart to a premier sports lifestyle brand that uniquely melds sport and style.
By continuing with the tradition of producing a unique mix of the finest headwear and apparel and maintaining an unparalleled attention to detail, we have established ourselves as a premium global sports lifestyle brand. We are proud to be a licensed partner with the four key professional American sports leagues: MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, as well as over 900 colleges. We also a growing presence internationally including Canada, UK, Asia, Australia and South Africa.
As the second generation moves ’47 forward, we will never forget where it started – rooted in family values, focused on genuine relationships, and the simple belief that the future is what we create.
The Apparel Sourcing & Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a sourcing strategy across the business unit.
Operations & Planning
- Develop and execute an EMEA focused sourcing strategy for our licensed apparel business
- Develop source strategy that enhances revenues and profitability.
- Implement & execute speed to market initiatives including local print programs
- Development of long-term relationships with existing strategic vendors, establishing mutually beneficial growth plans, in line with the company’s business plans
- Build source base that delivers balanced and continuously improving performance across gross margins, product quality, and on-time delivery
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of ten years of sourcing experience and increasing responsibility within a complex apparel environment. Specialty retail and/or direct to consumer experience is highly preferred
- Requires a high degree of collaboration with partners across business functions, sales regions, and distributors, to ensure operational alignment and visibility
- Experience developing and implementing successful sourcing strategies across a portfolio of brands
- Strong current knowledge of international apparel trade regulations
- Deep understanding of apparel supply chain and production environments involving Asia supply base and an international customer base
- Experience building and leveraging strategic business relationships with external partners
- Strong executive presence and ability to communicate with senior leadership both internally and externally
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage and influence cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Ability to anticipate business/brand needs and to create long term solutions
- Works with a high sense of urgency and integrity and is motivated by deadlines and new challenges
- International travel required
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.