Head of Online Channels, DFL Digital Sports
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of the DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH and produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms on their behalf. The production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms e.g. bundesliga.com, also belong to the organisation’s core tasks.
One of the key roles within the DFL Digital Sports GmbH headquarters in terms of content marketing, creating media and operational content. The work scope will include international markets and in-house websites and app in order to promote the Bundesliga as a brand globally. It will include B2C content which is published on Bundesliga’s owned channels (currently websites in six languages, app in three languages) and that can be distributes to external partners as well as platform management.
- Responsible for content marketing offerings on Bundesliga’s owned channels (websites, app)
- Development and implementation of content and channel strategy
- Liaise with relevant Team Heads in the continued development of the overall digital strategy
- Team leader responsibilities including contract management and budget coordination
- Management of full-time team as well as multilingual free lancers
- Conceptualization and execution of new projects within the team
- Contributing to continuous expansion in content formats and opportunities
- Communicate effectively with the inhouse product and tech teams
- Wholistic management of the online channels strategy from content, to SEO, to date management, to back end work.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years in digital/content marketing sector
- Multilingual B2C content creation and use of analytics in decision making
- Experience delivering for an international audience and wide space age range
- Knowledge of content creation for large-scale B2C organizations
- Editorial experience in the field of sports is desired
- Meaningful track record in website and app development
- Expertise in Google product range to increase visibility and discoverability
- Leadership and project management skills within multi-national teams
- Previous sporting industry experience would be advantageous
- Excellent SEM and MS Office skills
- Fluent in English, with German being highly advantageous, and other languages are a plus
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts.