Partnership Sales Director, Ironman
IRONMAN is the No.1 user-based sports brand in the world and has been a respected name in triathlon since its inception in 1978. The IRONMAN qualifying series includes events throughout the world that qualify athletes for the Ford Ironman World Championship held every October in Kona, Hawaii.
It is the most recognised triathlon and endurance series worldwide. In addition, IRONMAN owns and operates other endurance events including running and cycling events. In total, each year, over 350,000 international participants and professionals compete in events around the World. The European Tour event schedule includes a multitude of events across Europe.
Based in Germany and reporting to the Director of Global Partnerships, EMEA, the role will be responsible for driving partnerships and commercial revenue for all IRONMAN properties within the German and wider European portfolio.
- Lead, develop and close medium and long term sponsorship sales strategies for all German based events (IRONMAN, Hamburg Cyclassics, ITU Hamburg)
- Manage a sales team to achieve their personal and team goals
- Develop German based leads to grow across the wider European portfolio
- Build and maintain a strong sales pipeline leading to commercially driven tactical opportunities
- Research and develop new revenue streams and work with the wider organization to bring these to fruition
- Developing 6 and 7 figure strategic commercial partnerships with external organisations within the sports industry.
- Building and executing sports partnerships over Germany and the wider European region
- Producing high-quality presentations that showcase the commercial proposition in an effective and inspiring manner.
- Conducting the full range of business development activities to support your objectives from telephone and desk research, to networking at events, through to contributing to proposals and campaigns.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record of selling partnerships into senior decision-makers, ideally within sports organisations.
- Experience operating within the German business market with a ready-to-go contact list
- Proven, process-driven business development success selling to organisations within multiple sectors.
- An uncompromising attention to detail and a data driven analytical approach to business.
- Strong presentation skills.
- The ability to develop sales opportunities using a strategic and consultative approach.
- Written and spoken fluency in Germany and English is a must.
- A passion for triathlon is a bonus!
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts.