Business Development Manager – Hospitality & Industries – Spotless (Epicure)
The Hospitality & Industries team will lead growth across the Spotless business over the next three years. The team is enthusiastic, supportive and, most importantly, client focused to win. We are committed to solving clients’ problems through fresh solutions and disciplined account planning. We work in small, non-hierarchical teams where we believe that the team will always come up with a better answer than the individual. A team where all views are respected equally. We are commercially focused and challenge the status quo.
The Business Development Executive – Hospitality & Industries is responsible for bringing new business to fruition to achieve revenue targets. They will work hand in hand with the Head of Business Development, General Manager H&I and leadership team members. They will have a detailed understanding of their target segments and clients, specifically across Hospitality, Venues and Stadiums spaces. They will be driven, proactive and disciplined through each stage of the sales process –client relationship development, pre-opportunity planning, proposal development, submission, negotiation and operations handover.
- Tertiary degree qualifications in a business-related discipline or demonstrated work history and experience
- Demonstrated business development experience resulting in achievement of targets
- Existing professional relationships in target markets
- Experience in structured, strategic business development
- Experience in client presentation skills
- Capacity to negotiate successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Commercial risk understanding
- Ability to manage a key stakeholder from different disciplines, including administrative, technical, financial and operations
- Unrelenting client focus
- Proactive approach, strong sales drive
- Personable and charismatic
- Ability to read personalities
- Results driven
- Tenacious and resilient
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Innovative and creative
- Able to form solid working relationships
Key Result Areas
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Business Development Growth Plan with target accounts which align with Spotless growth strategies
- Develop account plans for new business and maintain their accuracy
- Ensure accurate pipeline information in the customer relationship management system (Salesforce)
Business Development Activities
- Responsible for generating lead opportunities and strategically analysing attractiveness of each opportunity
- Initiating contact with prospective clients and actively managing and populating pipeline information
- Continually cultivating relationships with potential clients through various sales mechanisms, targeting the appropriate decision makers
- Responsible for ensuring Spotless is actively represented in peak industry bodies and that we take a lead in relevant conferences, exhibitions etc.
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining competitor knowledge to use as potential opportunities
- Proactively shaping the deal upfront through the development of relationships with potential clients, with the aim of converting without the client going to market
- Research and facilitate go/no-go decisions for progression to bid response stage
- Lead the strategic development of proposal strategies, financial model/solution, and innovations
- Understand and critique the financial build-up of any submission
- Facilitate strategic workshops, key themes and bid planning
- Management of client meetings, industry briefings, presentations and negotiations as required
- Bid leader in conjunction with Bid Manager who will project manage the strategy and assembly of the document
- Engagement and management of any consultants required
- Where bid is successful, preparation of a clearly articulated and planned handover plan
Written Response for Bids
- Where required, preparing written responses ensuring questions are answered accurately and concisely
- Review, edit and sign-off of document submission
Product Development Initiatives
- Input to Product development team where identification of a relevant contract specific innovation could be rolled out divisionally
Legal Review and Business Initiative Summary Preparation/presentation
- Responsible for contract review and recommendations pertaining to level of risk we are prepared to assume
- Contribute to, and sign-off on the Business Initiative Summary (BIS) with the Bid Analyst and Bid Manager
- Attend and lead senior review meetings ensuring the appropriate preparation is done to present the bid effectively to senior management or/and the Board
Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter that briefly details why you feel you would be suitable for this role directly to email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SRI is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and content, technology, sporting goods and fashion and esports.