Chief Marketing Officer – Super League Triathlon
Founded in 2017, Super League Triathlon is the pinnacle of the sport on the world’s stage, delivering game-changing formats – mixing up long and short course athletes – in a series of fast-paced events with unpredictable outcomes that culminate in the crowning of the best and most versatile male and female triathletes in the world.
Over the course of the season, the top male and female triathletes from around the world battle it out for the crown to become the best all-round triathlete. There are three means by which these top athletes qualify for the Championship Series, equally split between male and female competitors: automatic qualification from the previous SLT season (20 places), wildcard qualification (10 places at one given time), and ‘Golden Ticket’ success at the SLT Qualifiers in Poznan and Penticton (20 places). Pros from all over the world can race to be in with a chance to qualify for the main Championship Series events.
Super League Triathlon are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer to be responsible for designing and implementing a marketing, brand and digital strategy which grows brand awareness, identifying new audiences to increase fan engagement and new commercial revenue growth opportunities to further develop Super League Triathlon’s existing properties.
- Provide leadership to the digital and marketing teams to ensure they are curators of the brand, creating consistency of message and the creation of compelling content across all channels
- Drive creative marketing activity that is in keeping with the overall brand vision and ensure that Super League Triathlon are leading experts in using consumer and market insights to drive audience growth
- Work closely with the commercial team to ensure the alignment of shared strategic objectives and outcomes, including to maximise audience growth and reach across Super League Triathlon’s events and programmes
- Assist and support in the design and implementation of a data and CRM strategy which increases Super League triathlon engagement with supporters and creative new revenue streams across sponsorship and broadcast
- Measure, evaluate and optimise all digital marketing entities by translating the emotion and pace of Super League Triathlon events through all channels
- A strong focus on brand awareness building and growing an audience through creating and implementing campaigns, content and initiatives
- Ensure that all activities are conducted within budget, securing maximum value for money in the most economic way at all times, working closely with the Leadership team to ensure effect ROI ROO on all activities
- To review and implement recommendations for effective management of external agency relationships
- Manage and protect the brand and corporate identity across all consumer touch points
- To provide leadership to ensure the delivery of team objectives, offering guidance, motivation, support and feedback as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years’ experience and proven success in a senior marketing position, in a high profile, demanding and fast-paced international environment across multiple markets, with a comprehensive background in digital content
- Experience of planning digital marketing campaigns utilising a full range of techniques and measurements available to ensure maximum return on investment
- Understanding and exposure to television and broadcast opportunities is advantageous
- Proven track record in developing strategy and implementing tactical campaigns
- Practical communications experience in a service led environment
- Proven experience of operating successfully in an international environment across multiple countries and languages
- Strong and successful marketeer with deep commercial knowledge and insight
- Creative partnership builder with experience in the development of a brand for long-term revenue growth
- Proven success at building excellent working relationships and operating efficiently as a member of an executive leadership team.
- A dynamic, engaging and collaborative leader with a passion for getting the best out of people
- Results driven; thrives on a challenge; pragmatic in approach
- Prepared to go over and above; a drive to innovate, a game changer, willing to travel
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Intellectually strong, able to think strategically, yet understand operational detail
- A passion or empathy for endurance and/or mass participation sport
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.