Commercial Manager, Footwear & Apparel – Salomon
Amer Sports is a world leading sporting goods company, offering technically advanced products that improve the performance of sports participants. Our major brands include Wilson, Salomon, Arcteryx, Suunto, and Atomic.
The Commercial Manager is the strategic leader of the SALOMON brand in the ANZ market. They are accountable for executing the commercial plan across the different channels and routes to market: D2C (Brand stores / E-com / Marketplaces), Trade specialty, Strategic Accounts, E-tailers, Trend, Lifestyle, industry affiliates & NZ distributor. 80% of the current revenue comes from Footwear.
The role owns and manages the SALOMON P&L and co-ordinates cross functionally with Sales, D2C, Finance, Supply Chain and Marketing.
Achieve long term commercial success for the SALOMON brand through:
- Brand equity: Adopt or adapt global brand assets to build the strong equity in the local ANZ markets. Seek alignment with brand and functional stakeholders (local, region and global).
- Build seasonal range plan for the Australian market, including seasonal product stories, assortment planning, channel management and distribution of carryover lines.
- Accountable for the D2C execution for the ANZ market across bricks and mortar and E-commerce.
- Agree relevant and compelling consumer concepts and cross-functional solutions in partnership with D2C, marketing and sales teams.
- Understanding local consumer market trends and execute appropriate gap analysis solutions.
- Works with region and global teams to determine any relevant local focus. Ensure Sales and marketing are focused to achieve results.
Achieve business success through:
- Leads and owns the brand Strategic Business Planning (SBP) for Salomon Softgoods for ANZ from concept to execution.
- Lead and own the brand annual financial budget by channel and rolling financial forecast.
- Identify opportunities and risks, proactively seek solutions to gap closing and resource efficiency. Financial Metrics: Net sales, Gross Margin and Softgoods EBIT.
- Detailed product understanding so to have a very positive impact on other internal and external stakeholders (customers).
- Relentlessly seek growth and profitability opportunities “where ever the consumer goes” through perspectives of products, distribution and operational excellence.
- Fostering a consumer focused competitive, “hungry” sales culture while enforcing the highest ethical standards and customer care.
- Influencing skills – Effective leadership within Matrix Organisation
- Technical expertise: Expert in softgoods go to market planning, specifically through D2C channel (E-com / Bricks & Mortar). Priority is Footwear.
- Planning & Preparation: Develops detailed plans for growth. Where relevant, works with marketing team to ensure the appropriate tool kits exist.
- Analytical skills & Problem Solving: Develops compelling programs to enable the brand to succeed in the local environment
- Business acumen: Combines strategic & financial analysis to identify business opportunities. Balances short and long term objectives
- Sell-in & Sell through management: All elements impacting the consumer experience.
- Relationship-Building & Interpersonal Skills: Employs a variety of interpersonal styles and builds credibility through a focus on mutual success.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of Softgoods performance product (Footwear focus) and the role that Salomon plays in servicing this consumer.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of D2C channels and the role that AMERSPORTS brands plays servicing the consumer directly and benefiting the broader wholesale businesses.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of merchandising/range planning processes and tools.
- Extensive background in branded consumer goods or sporting/outdoor industry preferred.
- Has successfully managed within a matrix organisation, working cross functionally with global and local Sales, Ecommerce and Marketing teams.
Bachelor degree in business preferred but not essential.
How To Apply:
To apply please send your CV along with cover letter to Josie Lahey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0478 803 255.
SRI Executive is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and content, technology, sporting goods and fashion and esports.