Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto and Wilson.
The company’s technically advanced sports equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories improve performance and increase the enjoyment of sports and outdoor activities.
Support the Amer Sports Australia & New Zealand’s DTC Strategy for the Salomon & Arc’teryx brands. Create and execute visual & financial assortment plans that maximize sales, margin, and inventory efficiency. Drive processes for reporting, planning, forecasting whilst adhering to brand and corporate strategies.
General Purpose of Job
- Lead product range cadence & sufficiency for DTC online & in store channels.
- Responsible for defining & creating the most profitable, balanced and consumer focused assortments for branded stores (own & partners) & web-stores including marketplaces.
- Implement retail buying centralization principle moving from a pull to a push model.
- Define the process to cascade merchandising principles and guarantee agreed % of channel assortments are available in line with calendar of executions.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Accountable for defining and creating the right assortment for each channel, based on consumer needs, to maximise sales, margin and profit to the business.
- Fully understand consumer and local market requirements through consumer research and sales analysis.
- Build strong & collaborative relations with Brand Commercial Leads, Channel Managers, & Supply Chain.
- Work closely with Brand HQ Merchandisers providing feedback on inline ranges to ensure channel needs are met.
- Create seasonal merchandise plans including product flow sequences: initial allocation, rotations, capsules for each channel.
- Work closely with Marketing and Visual merchandising to create monthly stories and to ensure alignment between assortment plans, brand initiatives and window/homepage programmes.
- Provide Channel Managers with visual and financial assortment plans for the season.
Open to buy Management & Demand Planning
- Manage and evolve the process of creating seasonal DTC buying budgets by channel.
- Plan the demand and the buy at sku level to meet budget objectives.
- Ensure product flow is optimized through a well-managed seasonal purchasing plan that allows for timely merchandise deliveries.
- Work with Supply Chain to monitor inventory levels versus in season requirements.
- Manages and controls inventory levels, in partnership with Supply, to optimize sales, gross margin and sell through of product.
- Analyse historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by category and product type.
- Using current and past seasonal sales data; plan and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
Role Specific Competencies / Experiences and Requirements
- Strong experience in working with outdoor apparel & footwear product categories, some experience of hardgoods would be preferable but not essential.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with merchandising systems, processes and best practices.
- Experience in working within a branded environment with mono brand experience preferential.
- Strong communication, analytical and relationship building skills.
- Local market experience essential.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and take into consideration potential divergent interests.
- Strong team player and ability to work with cross functional partners and senior colleagues on all aspects of the business.
Scope of Work
- DTC online and instore Channels.
- Direct online marketplace & loyalty channels.
Bachelor or above preferably in Business Management, Marketing or eCommerce.
Needed Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of retail buying and merchandising.
- A proven track record of success in a retail buying & merchandising in a mono and/or multi brand role.
- Outdoor and/or sport buying experience preferred but fashion experience considered.
- Strong knowledge of a retail environment and of the retail industry in general.
- Clear understanding of how the consumer operates in an Omni channel environment.
Please submit via email to Josie Lahey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume and;
- Cover Letter (addressing how your experience and expertise matches the position description).
SRI is a global executive search and consulting firm, servicing the rapidly converging industries of sport, media, entertainment and technology. We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across 11 offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multivacancy projects.
We are delighted to have been appointed as the exclusive search partner to Amer Sport for this appointment.
Diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental priority for SRI. Our philosophy focusses on embedding inclusive behaviours and processes across every element of our business practices, internally and in our work with clients and candidates.