FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC, Event Services Director
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC is a limited liability company incorporated by FIFA, which holds 51% of the shares, and the Qatar 2022 Local Organising Committee, which holds 49%, at the Qatar Financial Centre.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer the Events Services Director has the responsibility for the successful implementation of the Accommodation, Transportation, Guest Services and Spectator Services at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. This is an event critical role, leading a multidisciplinary team and working closely with a range of World Cup stakeholders.
Strategy and Collaboration
- Develop and take ownership of the Event Services strategy
- Work closely with the Chief Operations Officer and senior leadership team to ensure the Event Services Strategy integrates with the work of all other departments
- Work closely with FIFA, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy and other key stakeholders to ensure collaboration from strategy through to delivery
- Communicate the Event Services strategy effectively and work with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure commitment to world class levels of delivery
- Build strong working relationship with the relevant departments at FIFA, incorporating best practice and consistent dialogue
- Communicate effectively with the senior leadership team to ensure they are kept updated on progress and risk mitigation
- Proactively find compromise, efficiency measures and synergies with other departments and delivery partners through consistent communication
Leadership and Operational Excellence
- Lead and inspire a team of Event Services experts to deliver world-class experiences for all stakeholders
• Guest Services
• Spectator Services
- Continuously review and make recommendations to adapt levels of service across the Event Services department
- Oversee the activities and tasks in the Integrated Master Schedule
- Manage the resourcing of the Event Services team including budgets and workforce in order to ensure the requirements of all stakeholders are aligned and delivered in a cost-effective manner for the tournament
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training / vocational experience), preferably within at least one of the Event Services business areas
- A minimum experience of 10 years within Event Services
- It would be an advantage to have experience in Football Tournament management
Stakeholder Engagement & Project Management
- Experience of operating at a senior level with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to report to a high-level in written and verbal format
- Knowledge of event planning and event project management
- Proven track record of working in an international environment and successfully delivering a global event
- Experience of working in the culturally diverse organisation
- Experience of leading event services teams in a major event environment, preferably within the international sport events sector
- Proven track record of leading large and complex departments in a major event environment
- Ability to provide leadership, development and support
- A working knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
What FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC Offer
Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments as their lives and careers come together in a meaningful way, being part of a truly global community. Working at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ is more than a job; it is a calling to create a better society through the power of football, focused on improving the experience of over 3.5 billion people watching the FIFA World Cup™, by delivering innovative solutions across all operational areas.
You can further expect to find yourself working with highly motivated colleagues within a dynamic and diverse team. Employment is offered until 2023.
The role will be based in Doha and will include international travel.
In addition to a competitive and tax-free remuneration package, there will also be relocation support on offer.
How to Apply
- To apply, the candidates should send the following (in English):
• Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
• Up to date curriculum vitae and references
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and newsletters.