Opened in 2018 and crowned “The Most Beautiful Stadium in the World” in 2019, Optus Stadium provides WA with a world class venue to host major sports and entertainment events.
In addition to a long-term content agreement with AFL and Cricket, the Stadium hosts a range of one-off major events. In 2019 this included iconic sporting events State of Origin, Bledisloe Cup and a ten-day tour by Man United, as well as concerts by Eminem and U2. Key to the next phase of success will be innovation across the stadium and precinct around new revenue opportunities.
Our team is a diverse group of people with a commitment for making the greatest things happen for our customers, partners, people and community. We work hard, have fun and enjoy the responsibility of managing this amazing venue.
The Stadium Event Manager is responsible for playing an integrational role across all functional areas (internal and external) and for leading the planning and delivery of both event and non-event day Events and activities at Optus Stadium.
The Stadium Event Manager manages the operational relationship between the Stadium and its Hirers and Operational Partners to ensure that the Company delivers a fans first experience for all constituent groups.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring that VenuesLive Management Services Pty Ltd and its wholly owned subsidiaries (the Company) is positioned as the leading sporting and entertainment venue and event management Company in Australia and remains at the forefront of industry developments with regards to world’s best practice.
- Oversee the management and deliverables of the Hirers and Events allocated.
- Assist with developing policies, standards and procedures for all aspects of the department.
- Assist with developing department strategies.
- Assist in ensuring that the commercial performance of the Company is optimised.
- Recommend efficiency improvements as appropriate.
- Contribute to any reporting required by the Company, to meet its obligations as the Operator of Optus Stadium.
- Manage and develop any reporting employees including performance management, performance and development reviews, training and the management of workloads.
- Attend and actively participate and represent the department in group and business meetings.
- Assist with the fulfillment of the Integrated Management System responsibilities for the department.
The Stadium Event Manager is responsible for leading the planning and management of the Stadium Events. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manage the safe, efficient and effective operation of events and the venue, across all functions on event and non-event days.
- Ensure event and non-event day activities are conducted to the highest possible standard within established parameters and all activities are conducted in a coordinated, integrated and effective manner.
- Work closely with the Stadium’s Catering department to ensure that the event day catering operation, across all user groups, meets agreed levels of service and that food and beverage revenue is maximised at all times.
- Prepare and track event costs and ensure that budgets are managed within budgetary parameters.
- Manage all event presentation and entertainment production activities and ensure that the needs of the Company are considered and well represented.
- Manage Hirer / Event Partner event day promotional activities (i.e. distributions) in consultation with the Operations team.
- Develop precinct plans for the Stadium Park detailing Hirer precinct activities.
- Ensure all patrons receive an outstanding fans first experience and assist with managing the customer feedback process.
- Represent the Company on various committees and forums as required.
- Liaise with selected Government agencies as required.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of working in large scale events and/or venues. Additional skills/experience include but not limited to:
- A highly effective approach to leadership, personnel management and integrated planning.
- Strong verbal and written communication and numeracy skills.
- Excellent personal presentation, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Motivated to contribute to an effective workplace culture.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Diploma or Degree qualifications in Event or Venue Management.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in venue or event management.
For further information about the position, please download the Candidate Brief above.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 April 2021.
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience and details of current remuneration.
- An up to date CV.
To discuss the role please contact James Curtis on 0451942070.
SRI is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on Sport, Media & Entertainment.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents.