Collingwood Football Club
Founded in 1892, the Collingwood Football Club, with its 80,000 + members is one of the most revered sporting clubs in Australia. Now with seven elite sporting teams across football, netball and wheelchair football under the one roof at the Holden Centre, the club is reimagining its future.
While always committed to challenging and innovating in the pursuit of excellence as a high performance organisation, Collingwood also prides itself on being a leader in the community. The club is about to embark on a period of exciting change and growth, with the announcement of the precinct redevelopment and the ground-breaking partnership with Monash University, through the development of a sports performance and medical research hub. The multidisciplinary facility will have a particular focus on wellbeing and injuries in female sports. The below opportunity is your chance to be part of the changing landscape of Australian sport in the heart of Melbourne’s Olympic Park.
The General Manager will develop, lead and execute the marketing strategy and operations of the Collingwood Football Club (CFC) to benefit members and fans. To motivate, lead and inspire fan focused thinking through a powerful marketing and communications strategy that drives the vision and voice of the brand amongst internal and external stakeholders.
This position will work collaboratively across the Club to grow fan engagement, execute innovative digital marketing campaigns, grow the membership base, develop new revenue opportunities and also implement new data driven initiatives.
- Work closely with the CEO and other key stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and branding across the organisation.
- Develop campaign strategies aimed at member acquisitions which are aligned with CFC’s brand and values.
- Develop a marketing calendar for the club that captures all commercial activity and assists in leveraging existing activity and identifying opportunities for new programs.
- Establish, develop and manage CFC’s digital marketing strategies to meet company growth targets, increasing market penetration and brand awareness.
- Keep abreast of ongoing competitor marketing activities and market trends, in order to generate ideas for strategic campaigns for CFC.
- Develop and manage a strategic initiatives for member and fan acquisition for all Collingwood teams.
- Identify new business and brand opportunities for Collingwood and its partners to increase fan engagement, and be able to work cross-organisationally to maximise them.
- Develop comprehensive marketing and messaging briefs, promotional assets, programs/events, social and digital media initiatives, and content to more deeply engage these consumer segments year-round.
- Consistently educate all CFC department, external partners, about the fan segments, relevant insights, behavioural trends, and associated business opportunities.
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns working collaboratively across the Club and to the diverse markets of AFL, AFLW, VFL, VFLW and Netball.
- Manage the delivery of all Collingwood social media activity and digital platform communications.
- Manage and maintain digital media revenue streams and budgets.
- Develop and drive membership, merchandise, corporate and ticket sales strategies.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
Skills & Knowledge
- A degree in Marketing, Commerce, PR or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the AFL environment and the Australian sports and entertainment landscape.
- Possess a formidable track record in marketing, increasing audience growth and customer/fan engagement strategy.
- Proven success at delivering against strategic marketing and digital objectives and driving growth.
- Exhibit excellent leadership qualities with an ability to coach and motivate a team with a passion for getting the best out of people.
- Evidence of sound judgement, problem solving and decision-making capability.
- Innovative, creative partnership builder. Proven success at building and maintaining commercial relationships.
- Deep marketing, data and analytics knowledge and insight.
- Frist class inﬂuencing skills; persuasive, able to win support and engagement of others.
- Sound P&L experience and financial acumen.
- Great communication and time management skills.
- Highly motivated, driven and adaptable to change.
For further information, please refer to the full job description attached.
SRI is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and content, technology, sporting goods and fashion and esports.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Josie Lahey on +61 (0) 478 803 255 or submit your formal application with CV and cover letter in Word format to email@example.com by Monday 10th June.