Head of Governance, Integrity & Risk – Tennis NSW
Tennis NSW is the largest of the eight state & territory member associations and currently supports 550 Clubs, Associations and Court Operators and over 160,000 registered participants. Its role is to coordinate, manage and promote the sport of tennis in NSW and in doing so, support and service its Members base. The core purpose of Tennis NSW is to get more people playing tennis more often and their vision is to connect more people to tennis across NSW.
In January 2020, Sydney will play host to the ATP Cup finals, a new global event to launch the tennis season and hailing a new era in men’s tennis. Preceding the Australian Open, the ATP Cup will be part of the biggest summer of international tennis eve on display in Australia.
The Head of Governance, Integrity and Risk will be a member of the Tennis NSW leadership team and will be responsible for ensuring that the Organisation is compliant with the Constitution, By-Laws and all other relevant Tennis Australia and Tennis NSW policies and procedures.
The role will also assume the position of Tennis NSW Company Secretary and will be required to support the Board and President in the timely compilation of all relevant Board papers and materials. It will also ensure that the Organisation remains fully compliant with ASIC and the Corporations Act.
Tennis NSW are fully committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis players of all ages and gender. This role will be the Member Protection Information Officer for NSW and will be required to work in close partnership with the Tennis Australia Integrity Compliance Unit. The role will ensure that the rules, regulations and codes of conduct of Tennis Australia and Tennis NSW is met and administered effectively throughout NSW
As the custodian of the Risk Register, this role will also be required to ensure that all relevant risks are identified and are appropriately captured and the appropriate mitigation strategies are implemented. This role will also be required to manage Tennis NSW relationship with all of its insurance partners ensuring that the Organisation has all of the appropriate insurance policies.
Governance & Company Secretary
- In conjunction with the CEO, advise the Board on relevant areas of governance, policy, integrity and risk management.
- Assume the Role of Company Secretary for TNSW – helping the CEO & President manage the Board and all relevant sub-committees
- Maintain TNSW’s Constitution, By Laws & Policies and Director’s Register of Interests
- Act as Secretariat to the Audit & Risk, Rem & Noms & Investment Committee
- Oversee the preparation and compilation of all relevant Board papers, minutes and other relevant material to assist the Board and President.
- Manage preparations for TNSW’s AGM (including coordination of any Director elections) and any SGMs.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork and reports are lodged with ASIC to ensure full compliance with the Corporations Act
- Oversee TNSW’s annual affiliation renewal process & delivery of the Annual Report
- Be the State lead on all matters concerning Member and Player integrity, behaviour and compliance
- Ensure all Rules, Regulations and relevant Code of Conducts are appropriately aligned with national policies and sporting best practice
- Ensure that all Rules, Regulations and relevant Code of Conducts are adhered to and executed appropriately
- Manage TNSW’s relationship with the TA Integrity Unit
- Oversee the formation of a NSW Disciplinary panel
- Lead the local implementation for NSW clubs, associations etc. for new and developing national policies and/or legislative requirements.
- Act as TNSW’s Privacy Officer and principal Member Protection Information Officer.
- To be the custodian of the Tennis NSW Risk Register
- To ensure timely oversight and management of the Tennis NSW risk register
- To ensure that Tennis NSW has adequate insurance cover and is complying with all requirements of the key insurance policies
- To be the State lead on all insurance matters fostering relationships with key brokers and securing appropriate insurance at the best value for the Organisation
- To form a roster of appropriate external legal advisors to support the legal needs of the Organisation
Leadership and Development of team members
- Drives a culture that embraces open and honest communication and feedback, helping others apply learnings and continuously develop
- Communicates with presence and confidence that creates impact, leaving people feeling engaged and inspired
- Builds and retains talent, ensuring the right capabilities are in place to deliver business objectives
- Ensures that others have a good understanding of the sport’s values, policies and practices
- Actively seeks, reflects and acts on feedback to improve own performance
Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience in a role with a strong focus on governance, compliance
- Formal legal, accounting or governance qualification
- Previous experience of working with Boards would be advantageous
- High level organisational skill and attention to detail.
- High computer literacy with Microsoft suite and database management, plus confidence in adopting diverse digital platforms
- A detailed understanding of the tennis environment and the various stakeholders it engages.
- Experience in effective stakeholder management and communications.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field (desirable)
- A current driver’s licence
- National working with children check/Police Certificate
Competencies, Behaviours & Attributes
- High drive for results.
- Alignment with the Tennis values.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exhibit strong self-awareness to work in a challenging and changing environment.
- Ability to take initiative, work creatively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Committed to undertaking travel in order to service delivery channels.
- Willing to be flexible in regard to working hours, i.e. attend and present at forums, workshops etc.
- Strong communication, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills required to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate empathy, interest and knowledge of sport delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A love of sport and a strong desire to contribute significantly to the growth of tennis.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
Based upon circumstance or opportunity, our client is willing to consider a more flexible working arrangement.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter by Sunday 14th July.