Head of Partnerships Sales, Victoria 2026
Commonly known as Victoria 2026, the XXIII Commonwealth Games are coming to Victoria in March 2026. The Games will showcase all that regional Victoria has to offer and deliver a long-term legacy for cities such as Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat, Gippsland, and Shepparton, including Melbourne.
Victoria 2026 will create many local jobs and see millions of spectators and viewers tune in to 20 sports including a fully integrated Para program. There will be a legacy of world class sporting facilities, a boost in sports participation and inclusion and a celebration of the unique history and cultures of Victoria’s First Peoples.
Since 1930 in Hamilton, Canada where the inaugural British Empire Games were held, the Commonwealth Sports Movement’s vision has been to build peaceful, sustainable, and prosperous communities by inspiring athletes to drive the impact and ambition of all Commonwealth Citizens through sport.
Whilst underpinned by sport the Commonwealth Games is far greater than a multisport major event, it brings together diverse communities from 72 nations and territories to ensure even the smallest member countries have a voice in shaping the Commonwealth. Driven by its values of Humanity, Equality and Destiny the Commonwealth Games Movement has a key role to play in an energised, engaged and active Commonwealth of Nations and Territories.
SPORTFIVE is looking for an outstanding candidate to play a key role as the Head of Partnerships Sales as part of the Commercial team responsible for the successful delivery of the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games partnership sales program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity, with the role embedded as a key team member inside the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, undertaking a range of activities to deliver significant sales and build a world class commercial partnership programme which achieves the revenue target for the Games.
The successful candidate should be a best-in-class sales executive, excelling at presenting and negotiating with senior marketing decision-makers on behalf of large sporting properties.
What does Success look like?
- Develop an outstanding relationship with the Organising Committee and key Games stakeholders in Victoria.
- Secure a family of great Partners who actively promote the Games and help deliver a great Games through the provision of products and services.
- Maximise sponsorship revenue opportunities and achieve the Sponsorship Team Revenue target for the Project.
Our Preferred Candidate:
- Highly motivated sales professional with an outstanding track record in generating partnership revenues, ideally within sport.
- Preferred experience working in a Major Events multi stakeholder environment, including the management of formal or structured competitive sales processes.
- Well networked within the Victorian and National corporate marketplace, with the ability to demonstrate strong relationships with senior marketing decision makers.
- A strategic and consultative sales capability, including the ability to create customised partnerships in response to individual corporate needs and objectives.
- Outstanding sales communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, including high degree of comfort preparing and delivering high quality pitches and presentations to senior corporate decision makers.
- Genuine Team player who is willing and able to lead by example, working across the SPORTFIVE and Commonwealth Games Organising Committee teams.
- The ability to manage multiple work streams in a demanding, time sensitive environment.
The role will have responsibility for:
Commercial Partnership Sales
- Work closely with the Project Director, Partnerships, Victoria 2026 and Managing Director, SPORTFIVE to lead the Partnership Sales outreach and discussions for Victoria 2026
- Collaborate on Partnership Sales discussions with your SPORTFIVE colleagues from Australian and international sales teams
- Continually develop prospect lists by using macro and micro market trends, sound product knowledge and deep understanding of brand marketing to identify targets
- Develop strong relationships with brands via all possible customer touchpoints including phone, email, LinkedIn, networking events and meetings, etc.
- Create, sell and negotiate corporate marketing partnerships for Victoria 2026, ensuring you secure valuable partners and maximise sponsorship revenue for the Games
- Manage sales discussions in consultation with the Victoria 2026 Procurement team to maximise sponsorship revenue, where required from Value in Kind product and service opportunities
- Work with your colleagues in the Partnership sales team to meet and exceed both individual and team growth revenue targets.
Partnership Approvals and Contracting
- Responsibility for the approval of Partnership offers with Games stakeholders
- Work with Legal to draft contracts for your approved Partnership deals
- Responsibility for the negotiation of your partnership agreements, while supporting other sales personnel as they negotiate partnership agreements for their deals
- Work with Games stakeholders to execute partnership agreements in a timely manner
Rightsholder / Stakeholder management
- Coordinate with Victoria 2026 and Games stakeholders to support positive outcomes for the partnership sales programme
- Act as a leading interface between our Partnership Sales Team and the Heads of Functional Areas within the Organising Committee
- Lead the engagement with Functional Area managers and/or Games Delivery Partners to aggregate information required to best support partnership sales and negotiations
Sales Reporting and Administration
- Maintain an up-to-date partnership sales pipeline
- Ensure all sales discussions are recorded in Salesforce, SPORTFIVE’s CRM system
- Support the preparation of Partnership sales reports for use with Games stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative way with Victoria 2026 personnel to help build a strong ‘one team’ culture and working environment to drive commercial outcomes
- Contribute to a multi-functional team that includes colleagues who lead commercial insights, business intelligence and creative design services
- Coordinate with SPORTFIVE international territories and subsidiary agencies where necessary to work collaboratively on relevant discussions.
- Effective communication with CGF Partnerships (CGFP) Licensing and Media rights teams to support achievement of all CGFP commercial revenue streams.
At SPORTFIVE, our vision is to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports. We believe in the power of sports and love being part of it. SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and innovative spirit. We are a global sports agency of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in football, golf and esports, creating sustainable value for their partners and their people. https://sportfive.com/
This permanent, full-time role is a unique and exciting opportunity, based between Melbourne (and Geelong), as required with appropriate travel in Victoria and interstate to engage with brands as required to achieve the project targets.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. This includes a Performance Bonus linked to the overall achievement of the partnership revenue target for the project.
Employment: Fixed term contract until 31 March 2026
Ongoing career opportunities with SPORTFIVE will be considered subject to outstanding performance and opportunities at the time.
- If you are interested in the Head of Partnerships Sales position, then please click APPLY, we look forward to receiving you application.
- Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter, including why you would be a good fit for this role. Please send your application to Josie Lahey at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect for a confidential conversation on +61478803255.
- Applications close Monday 16th January 2023. Our preference is to receive your application prior to Christmas.
About SRI Executive:
SRI is a global executive search and consulting firm, servicing the rapidly converging industries of sport, media, and entertainment.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across 11 offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function, and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
Diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental priority for SRI. Our philosophy focusses on embedding inclusive behaviours and processes across every element of our business practices, internally and in our work with clients and candidates.