Canterbury has been a pioneer in the new professionalism of rugby league. They were the most successful club of the 1980s, a colossus in the toughest rugby league arena in the world. The club entered the competition in 1935 and has won eight premierships.
This role is charged with overseeing and driving the entire retail division of the Bulldogs NRL Club. With multiple and emerging channels to market, this role is one of the most dynamic opportunities within the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the Retail division for the 2022 NRL Season and beyond
- Identify non-traditional retail opportunities to increase overall revenue and profitability of the program
- Identify new sustainable and flexible channels to market
- Maximise our marketing channels to increase and diversify our Retail offering, including but limited to Social Media, Website, Email, Influencer Marketing, The Bulldog Belmore, Events etc
- Develop and implement a loyalty program for Retail program
- Customer Service/Sales (Teamstore & Game Day)
- Outstanding customer service and handling of phone and email enquiries
- Excellent face to face customer service in line with our values
- Selling of merchandise and managing of staff at game days & all club events where required
- Assist with the management of internal stakeholder requests (Internal sales requests from various departments)
- Working with store and game day staff to achievement sales targets
- POS/Stock Management maintenance:
- Co-ordinate the receiving and distribution of stock for all suppliers
- Maintenance of POS stock inventory system so that accuracy is maintained across the teamstore and online store
- Recording all invoices received and sent to Merchandise Manager for processing
- Managing retail stock prices and identifying any slow-moving stock which may require clearance strategy execution
- Completing monthly teamstore stocktakes
- Completing Game Day stocktakes (at the end of each game and monthly)
- Assist with supply chain management including inbound & outbound logistics
- Assisting Merchandise Manager to organise of all logistics including rostering, timesheets and packing of phone and online store orders for delivery
- Assist with the management of the merchandise program including; product selection, deactivating stock lines and visual merchandising the Teamstore with the guidance from the Merchandise manager
- Weekly meetings with the Merchandise Manager setting goals and KPI’s
- Assist with the development and delivery of merchandise promotions.
Key Performance Indicators
- Stock turn
- Stock on hand
- Customer Service
Direct Reports: Retail Store Manager. Casual Event/Game day Staff
Coordinates with: Retail Store, Internal Department and external stake holders, (including suppliers, other retailers, NRL Clubs and National Rugby League.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 April 2021.
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience and details of current remuneration.
- An up to date CV.
To discuss the role please contact James Curtis on 0451942070.
SRI is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on Sport, Media & Entertainment.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents.