Head of Sales – Corporate Partnerships
Lagardère Sports is looking for an outstanding candidate to play a key role as part of the Corporate Partnerships team responsible for the successful delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games sponsorship sales programme.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity. Birmingham 2022 will be the largest sporting event to be staged in the UK over the next 4 years.
What does Success look like?
- The ultimate achievement of the Sponsorship Team Revenue target for the Project.
- Build and maintain outstanding relationships within the Organising Committee and key Games stakeholders in Birmingham and the West Midlands
- Maximize and protect sponsorship revenue opportunities
- Secure a family of great Partners who actively promote the Games and help deliver a great Games through the provision of products and services
Skills & Qualifications
- Highly motivated sales professional with an outstanding track record in generating sponsorship revenues, ideally within sport or entertainment.
- Well networked within the UK market place, able to demonstrate strong relationships with senior marketing decision makers.
- A strategic and consultative sales capability, including the ability to create customised partnerships in response to individual corporate needs and objectives.
- Genuine Team player who is willing and able to lead by example.
- Outstanding sales communication, presentation and negotiation skills, including high degree of comfort preparing and delivering high quality pitches and presentations to senior corporate decision makers.
- The ability to priority manage multiple work streams in a demanding, time sensitive environment.
- Preferred experience working in a Major Events multi stakeholder environment, including the management of formal or structured competitive sales process.
Working in close collaboration with our UK and international sales teams and the Executive Team at Birmingham 2022, you will:
- Secure corporate partners and maximize sponsorship revenue for the Birmingham 2022 Games;
- Create, sell and negotiate corporate marketing partnerships on behalf of the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee;
- Lead the in-house partnership sales team based in Birmingham as well as the Go to Market tender process in partnership with the Organising Committee Procurement team to maximize sponsorship revenue from Value in Kind product and service opportunities.
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and newsletters.