Head of Sourcing Apparel – Mammut
Mammut is a Swiss premium outdoor company founded in 1862 providing high quality products and unique brand experiences to mountain sports enthusiasts around the globe. Mammut has a strong drive to preserve what is worth preserving and to improve what is not yet perfect.
The noticeably high level of identification with the brand is evidence of the enthusiasm and passion of our employees for mountain sports. We are driven by the quest to create products with the highest level of quality, innovation and functionality.
For Mammut, the sustainability of products and manufacturing processes is an integral part of our commitment to quality. Mammut products are manufactured in clean processes from carefully selected and thoroughly tested premium materials and components that meet highest quality, performance and sustainability standards.
Having a multinational reach, the company has its headquarters in Seon, Switzerland.
Are you passionate about mountain sports and keen on an international challenge?
As Head of Sourcing Apparel, you will have a global, high-responsibility role in Supply Chain Management, ensuring smooth operation of new process implementations. You will lead and collaboratively work with a team of 7, while directly reporting to the COO.
Mammut are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and process-oriented personality with extensive experience in apparel sourcing. From T-shirts to Eiger-Extreme-Jackets, you will be in charge of the entire apparel sourcing process and drive innovation. Being able to strategically create successful supplier portfolios and closely collaborate and negotiate with international sourcing partners, whilst keeping track of the fast-paced working environment.
- Lead the operational and strategic apparel sourcing (incl. innovation, creation, planning/pricing/conditions, delivery timelines and performance, quality and CSR)
- Lead the Buying and Backoffice Purchasing Apparel teams (2 Buyers, 1 Team-leader Backoffice Purchasing Apparel with 4 team-members)
- Collaborate closely with the Apparel Business Unit (development, material management, planning, quality & stewardship and logistics)
- Drive continuous improvement to streamline and optimise supply chain and other business processes
- Reduce lead time between product idea and market delivery
- Manage the technical development and industrialization from the final prototype
- Develop and manage supplier relationships (ca. 20% international travels)
- Establish a transparent and management effective reporting
- Lead operational buying projects
- Plan, budget, elaborate and implement action plans
- Participate in the upper management team
- Introduce CSR principles and cost modelling to drive bottom line by reducing overhead costs and raising profitability
- Build source base that delivers balanced and continuously improving performance across gross margins, product quality, social & environmental responsibility, and on-time delivery
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree in engineering or economics with supply chain and sourcing management studies
- 10 years extensive experience in global apparel sourcing with focus on Asia and Europe (preferably functional, technical products)
- Well-developed team leadership practice of min. 5 years (preferably of buying and administration teams)
- Strong mix of operational and strategic skills
- Extensive current knowledge of international apparel trade regulations
- Experience building and leveraging strategic business relationships with external partners
- Leveraged business acumen and expertise to drive commercial and channel development in competitive markets
- Product-, data- and process-affinity (ideally with LEAN qualification)
- Future-oriented, visionary thinking with good understanding of trends in digitalization and 4.0 industry
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on mentality
- Analytical skills with conceptional strength
- High reliability, motivation, willingness to learn, as well as autonomous, target-oriented working style
- Outstanding IT skills with knowledge of ERP, PLM and Filemaker
- Fluency in English (German language skills are a plus)
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.