Account Director, Sponsorship & Events – Innocean
Innocean Australia is one of the largest fully integrated agencies in the country, with teams across brand, retail, media, digital and sponsorship & events. They enjoy one of the most enviable list of high-profile events & sponsorships in the country.
Purpose of Role:
The Account Director is responsible for the strategic account direction and delivery of outstanding client service across designated account/s, both individually and through the sponsorship and events team.
This person also has responsibility for the direction and development of the team.
- Oversees the workflow the clients and projects for which they are the lead and team members working on that account
- Ensures that each team member has the support and receives the development required to enable them to effectively carry out their role
- Works across the agency with other departments to manage resource and project delivery – including creative, studio, digital and business management
- Develops and maintains a close and open rapport with senior clients resulting in a business partnership approach
- Runs the client account based on an understanding of the requirements of both businesses, particularly with regard to business objectives, budgets and timings
- Offers strategic and creative recommendations to the client on the direction of their account
- Is the contact point for the client should any problems arise either in the running of the account or on any particular project/campaign.
- Ensures that the team is meeting client service requirements
- Liaises closely with Head of E&S for account direction and/or troubleshooting
- Offers 360º integrated advice to clients on their communications plans with particular focus on sponsorship and events
Sponsorship and experiential Skills
- Informed and experienced in the industry with a particular focus on strategic approaches to sponsorship leverage, experiential production and event management
- Informed and capable of implementing full through the line campaigns including digital development, social media, experiential marketing and advertising
- Extremely good independent presenter and copy writer, capable of guiding direct reports on presentation writing and development of copy decks for campaigns
Income and Profitability/ Billing and Estimating
- Maximising account margins, revenue and sales against business objectives and financial targets
- Ensures that the E&S team understands the financial process and importance of profitability
- Ensuring that outstanding invoices, late payments are followed up with the client and paid
- Manages teams’ cost estimating process and able to resolve client queries on invoicing, estimates
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Graduate preferably or relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years client service background – sponsorship and events
- Sponsorship and events specialist but with a broad understanding of wider marketing including advertising, PR, DM, digital, social
- Good general business acumen understanding
- Practical experience in running events (primarily consumer activation but corporate events experience would be a benefit)
- Well developed communication skills – both oral and written
- Proven experience in presenting at a senior level
- The ability to develop high trust relationships – both client and internal at a senior level
- Leadership and people management skills
SRI is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
Please contact James Curtis email@example.com for further information.