Fresho is a fast growing tech start-up on a mission to transform the food industry for the benefit of people and the planet.
Our ordering and order management software is revolutionising the way the entire industry operates – from day to day operations, to mental health and wellbeing, to food waste reduction – the impact of Fresho touches every aspect of the sector in a hugely positive way making it more efficient, enjoyable, profitable and sustainable.
Fresho has raised over $30m to date and processes approximately $3.5m a day through the platform. The business is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with offices in Sydney, Auckland, New Zealand and London, United Kingdom and customers in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States.
As the Marketing Director, you will play a pivotal role in visioning, planning and implementing the growth-focused, marketing strategy for our company. You will be an important part of our senior leadership team, have full ownership of your function along with the management of five direct reports (3 corporate and 2 region-based) and the remit to build out your team further as required.
Reporting directly to the Co-Managing Directors, and working closely with the Growth Director and Product Director, you will oversee and manage our increased investment in B2B SaaS marketing. We require a significant focus on inbound lead generation through business marketing campaigns, content generation and brand recognition, automated customer journey’s, product marketing, and support of sales enablement initiatives.
We’re looking for someone to inspire and lead the team with strong leadership, a strategic approach and an entrepreneurial spirit.
You’ll get to make and drive significant marketing decisions that have a high level impact on the business and the industry in which we operate.
- Develop a long-term company marketing strategy, with an emphasis on achieving B2B sales growth, market penetration and cost-effective customer acquisition
- Manage the development, communication and alignment of Fresho’s value proposition and positioning.
- Define, measure and report the performance of all marketing activities and assess against ROI and OKR’s including subscriber acquisition, expansion and retention
- Work with our data and business systems teams to develop marketing analytics and ROI analysis for campaigns and channels, defining CAC and LTV, while executing robust optimization and A/B testing programs
- Manage target customer segmentation strategy and develop smart lead attribution modelling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time
- Own and efficiently scale the marketing budget, allocating spending and optimising a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful
- Balance the “always on” and global marketing activities alongside specific, localised marketing activities (with Regional Leaders and in market marketing resources). Ensure allocation and attribution data informs results.
- Undertake continual market reviews and monitor consumer trends and the activities of competitors
- Work closely with the Sales Team; supporting them to meet their objectives and targets
- Lead and develop a global team of 5, while consistently evaluating new ways to increase efficiency
- Grow the marketing team as required
- Effectively manage third party/external marketing supplier relationships and agreements for service
- Contribute to board reporting and present to the board as required
- Champion the Fresho brand and value proposition internally and externally
Acquisition and Lead Generation
- Develop and implement a winning Lead Generation strategy that increases prospect awareness and interest.
- Manage and report on ToFu and MoFu activities, process and performance.
- Focus on generating inbound leads through organic/SEO & content, paid activities, customer and partner referrals, PR/social, webinars and other relevant channels.
- Support Sales-led prospect activities with market and segment information and Account-Based Marketing (AMB) initiatives.
- Manage company representation at relevant industry and partner events.
- Build, measure and optimize traditional lead acquisition methods and learn from new lead acquisition methods
- Oversee external agencies for media buying and creative
- Develop partner channel marketing plans and scale successful channels globally.
Retention & Expansion
- Ensure customer communications are managed and aligned with Cx priorities of building advocacy and ARPA growth.
- Manage the development and execution of communication plans to support customer retention and expansion targets.
- Work closely with Product Team to define and execute marketing strategies for new and existing products
- Contribute significantly to product and service pricing, packaging and positioning strategy
- Establish and implement a Content strategy that ensures we create and market content that’s relevant and engaging to our customers and strengthens Google’s understanding of our website and its topical authority
- Manage all team members who are generating marketing content
- Manage the Fresho website and maximise website performance and content engagement
- Optimise existing content generation and add new types of marketing content
- Align with the Channel Manager providing marketing content from partnerships
- Manage Fresho’s social channels and digital accounts
- Manage production of videos and other digital assets for case studies and other content
- Take ownership of the business’ reputation and recognition; including brand, PR and communications and develop a plan for brand awareness
- Oversee and manage brand guidelines for consistency of voice, message and imagery.
- Work across the business to increases positive customer and marketplace reviews and recommendations
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role and success in B2B SaaS marketing
- Strong leadership and demonstrated success in establishing and coaching a high performing team
- Deep understanding of demand, inbound and account based/target account marketing strategies
- Track record of successful campaign execution and measurement – supporting consistent success and return on investment
- Adept at collaborating with sales, product marketing and cross functional marketing teams
- Highly self-motivated and organised
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions and reporting
- Track record of hitting and overachieving marketing KPI targets YoY
- Proficient with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Hubspot/Salesforce. Adept with web content management tools i.e. WordPress or Webflow
- Bachelor’s degree or higher/equivalent professional experience in Marketing, Communications or related degree with demonstrated desire for continued learning
- Global Marketing experience would be an asset to this role
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Big picture. Growth at the company is holistic and expands far past just acquisition and performance marketing
- Customer-focused. We work hard to maintain a laser focus on our customers, this role needs to have that front of mind at all times
- Experimental. We are looking for non-traditional thinkers, tinkerers, testers, and artists
- Collaborative. This position will work across all departments, specifically product, growth and finance.
- Forward Thinking. You don’t only rely on what worked in the past, you prefer to see around corners and plan for the future
- You will be flexible, adaptable and thrive in a fast changing environment
- We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural fit with shared ambition with the rest of the team
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a detailed cover letter to SRI that briefly details why you feel you would be suitable for this role by Tuesday, 16 August, 2022.
Patrick Gallagher Head of Media & Entertainment (ANZ) email@example.com +61 410 471 354
A detailed job pack is available upon request.
SRI is a global executive search and consulting firm, servicing the rapidly converging industries of sport, media and entertainment.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across 11 offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
Diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental priority for SRI. Our philosophy focusses on embedding inclusive behaviours and processes across every element of our business practices, internally and in our work with clients and candidates.