IRONMAN Oceania operates a portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® and IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, premier running events The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Sydney Half Marathon, Runaway Noosa Marathon, Auckland Marathon, Queenstown Marathon Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including The Epic® Series and other multisport races, including Noosa and Mooloolaba Triathlon.
IRONMAN Oceania is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the region with more than 200,000 participants annually. Beginning as a single race in 1978, the iconic the IRONMAN® brand and its athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world.
Title: Marketing Manager, IRONMAN Oceania
You will –
- Report directly to the Event Marketing Director, Oceania
- You will be working within the IRONMAN Oceania Marketing team, including the Marketing Programs Director, Communications & Media Director, Digital Marketing Manager, Athlete Development Coordinator, Media Manager, Graphic Design, and Production & TV Manager
- You will be working with the IRONMAN Regional Directors, Event Managers, Athlete Services, Commercial, and Operations teams
Scope of Assignment:
The IRONMAN Group develop, own and manage mass participation sporting events and is the world’s largest running, triathlon and mountain biking events company. The IRONMAN Group in Oceania has a diverse portfolio of events across a range of endurance categories, targeting over 180,000 athletes annually across 27 events.
Working within the IRONMAN Oceania Team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering the participant numbers and revenue for their portfolio of events. This involves developing and implementing all marketing strategies and communication plans across a range of digital and social channels and print and outdoor channels.
The Marketing Manager will also be responsible for developing a CRM strategy for their portfolio of events that builds an informed, engaged and loyal customer base.
In addition to this, the Marketing Manager, IRONMAN Oceania will:
Marketing & Communication
- Lead the development and execution of innovative marketing & promotional plans for portfolio of events that overachieves budgeted athlete counts.
- Manage the customer communications across all marketing channels (e- newsletters, social channels, etc.)..
- Manage the development and execution of a great content led marketing strategy, that follows the principle of 80% of our content focused on creating a conversation that’s relevant, inspiring, engaging and informative; and 20% being sell marketing.
- In-depth understanding of our consumers, their behaviour and the category, so customer targeted marketing initiatives can be developed.
- Ensure event brand consistency across all communications, marketing assets and marketing material.
- Work closely with the Communications & Media Director and Media Managers to develop a media communications plan for their portfolio of events that drives entries and increases profile of events.
- Works with Marketing Programs Director and Production & TV Manager in the distribution of digital content to ensure highest possible viewership.
- Manage all event athlete count reporting, including weekly reports and ad hoc reports as required.
- Regular forecasting and analysis of our events to identify when events are tracking down and where ‘close the gap’ plans need to be initiated.
- Work closely with Partnerships team to input in to and develop mutually beneficial relationships, and overall management of key partners marketing rights and benefits to ensure they are delivered in an efficient and effective manner, that drives great customer engagement.
- Overall management and implementation of the customer email strategy for their portfolio of events, working closely with the CRM/EDM Coordinator.
- Manage the overall EDM schedule for their portfolio of events, including the development of content that’s on brand and drives engagement.
- Work closely with the Marketing Programs Director, CRM/EDM Coordinator and the Marketing Managers, to ensure best practice email marketing (monitor frequency, list management, lead generation, template development)
- Ensures the overall quality of all EDM communications – including strict adherence to approved email design guidelines and image use guidelines.
- Liaison with internal departments to ensure that email deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Works with the CRM/EDM Coordinator to understand open rate, click through and unsubscribes, and optimize email campaigns based on results
- Manage messaging through all relevant social media channels that extends our marketing reach, delivers high engagement and drives entries.
- Implements digital advertising activity that delivers key marketing objectives, and for certain events works with the Digital Marketing Manager to implement an effective digital advertising strategy that delivers maximum ROI.
- Track & report on effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Develop interesting content for digital channels to grow audience and engagement.
- Ensures the accuracy and quality of all digital communications – including strict adherence to approved guideline for use of imagery and digital content.
- Assist with overall content management of event websites to ensure marketing content is up to date and the user experience is the best.
- Overall event budget planning, management and reporting.
- Ensure all event marketing plans deliver on any required tourism destination objectives.
- Support the Event Directors/Partnerships Team with up to date reporting on marketing activity in relation to key KPI’s
- Manage all onsite marketing, including social content strategy, official photographers & videographers
- Work closely with the Marketing Programs Director to input into the development and assist with the execution of a regional loyalty strategy that rewards and recognizes our customers across their portfolio of events.
- Works closely with the Marketing Programs Director and Athlete Development Coordinator to execute relevant Athlete Development programs and initiatives for their portfolio of events.
- Inputs into product development that drives innovations, improves the athlete experience, customer loyalty, athlete counts and athlete satisfaction survey results.
- All IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 events in Oceania
- All Running and Trail events in Oceania
- All Triathlon & Multisport events in Oceania
- All Mountain biking & Cycling events in Oceania
- Other new events acquired or developed in the region
Skills & Experience Required
- Tertiary Marketing qualifications, with a minimum of three years’ marketing communications experience
- Successful track record in a marketing role with demonstrated digital marketing communications including email marketing
- High level of communications skills, both formal and informal communications
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity
- A high level of computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Energetic, personable and able to work co-operatively with other team members
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines
- Outstanding communicator
- Passionate and avid user of social media
- Highly organized
- Professional attitude at all times
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Adaptable to changing and fast paced work conditions
- Results driven, performance focus
Base of Operation:
- Located in Pyrmont, Sydney, you will be required to travel as part of this role to events and other offices in Oceania.
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following to Juliet Austin, email@example.com:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and newsletters.