Marketplace & eTail Manager, ANZ – Amer Sports
Amer Sports is a world leading sporting goods company, offering technically advanced products that improve the performance of sports participants. Our major brands include Wilson, Salomon, Arcteryx, Suunto, and Atomic.
As the Marketplace & eTail Manager you will develop and operate Amer Sports Australia & New Zealand’s direct online marketplace platforms and manage pureplay online retailer partnerships, accelerating profitable growth and delivering an exceptional consumer experience.
General Purpose of the Job
- Manage the direct online marketplace channel for Amer Sports Consumer Brands (ebay, The Iconic & loyalty programmes).
- Account management within strategic pureplay online accounts across the brand portfolio (Salomon, Wilson, Arcteryx, Atomic, Suunto).
- Seek new marketplace and pureplay opportunities for Amer Sports Consumer Brands.
- Utilise technology & services to continuously evolve these channels in line with consumer expectations (delivery time and options, product ranges, customer service).
Main Responsibility Areas
- Development of the direct online marketplace channel: Working with key stakeholders internally & externally you will manage integration developments. This includes conducting feasibility studies, specification planning and creation of business cases to deliver against key business & consumer metrics on budget and in time.
- Operation of the direct online marketplace channel: You will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the direct marketplace channels. This includes working cross functionally on inventory management, merchandising, visual merchandising, pricing & promotional strategy, digital marketing & customer service.
- Performance of the direct online marketplace channel: You will be responsible for managing the performance and profitability of the direct online sales channel. This includes setting targets, reporting and delivering against KPI’s and budgets.
- Account Management of Strategic Pureplay Online Accounts: Provide solutions to Maximises in store availability for the consumer of AMERPSORTS brands. Knows his/her categories, processes and systems within allocated accounts to an outstanding level. Maximises points of contact and influence: e.g. Key category decision makers, product buyers, merchandisers, allocators, marketing teams. Annual, seasonal & monthly budgets & forecasts by account.
- Works closely with the Commercial Manager and others in the Amer Sports organisation to develop programs and channel right product ranges that uniquely build Amer Sports’ ability to succeed with the Consumer.
- Performs sell in activities including pre-lining, seasonal business planning, range presentations, indent placements, order validation (check phasing, discount, volumes, product codes) and co-ordination of customer information requirements.
- Drive sell-through via face-to-face pre-order book management, analysis and monitoring of sell-out data, identification of re-order & new category opportunities. Work’s with ASA Sales operations to deliver the agreed inventory metrics for the customer & Amer Sports.
- Liaison with key customer contacts regarding supply where necessary and the communication of agreed VAS requirements into Amer organisation.
- Accountable for online presentation excellence for each Account to ensure we deliver an exceptional consumer experience & drive sell through.
- Accountable for identifying, planning & executing with the Marketing Team budgeted trade marketing plans.
- Deliver outstanding account management disciplines via JBP processes.
- Knows all facets of their customer & their customer’s consumer.
Role Specific Competencies / Experiences and requirements
- Marketplace: Working knowledge and proven track record of working with a variety of Marketplaces. Preferred Amazon, eBay, The Iconic, Catch, Myer.
- Loyalty: Knowledge of loyalty channels. Qantas, Velocity
- Product Information Management/Digital Asset Management: Experience working with a variety of data sources, manipulating data for templates.
- Integration Platforms: Experience working with integration platforms like Intelligent Reach, Channel Advisor or experience integrating through API.
- Data Management: Strong excel skills. Confident manipulating data from multiple files into a required format.
- Search Marketing: Track record in delivering ROI through Search Marketing. Specific experience working with Google Shopping, Facebook, Instagram and Retargeting campaigns and reporting metrics. Working within a targeted ROAS
- Omnichannel: Understanding the importance of eCommerce as a single channel and how this interacts within the wider retailing environment
- Design: Preferred experience with Adobe suite for image manipulation
- Consumer Understanding: Can demonstrate an understanding of the Consumer, their media consumption and shopping habits.
- Data Analysis: Proven analytical capabilities, track record in data ‘mining’ to provide insights into consumer habits, developing opportunities to benefit both supplier, retailer and consumer
- Customers & Agencies: Experience presenting concepts and plans to Customers and Agencies
- Passion: An Outdoor Sports enthusiast
- Relating and networking: Establishes good relationships with (internal and external) partners and colleagues
- Persuading and influencing: Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
- Planning and organizing: Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances.
- Delivering results and meeting brand expectations: Focuses on strategic brand requirements. Sets high standards for quality and quantity.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking: Keeps up to date with platforms, tools and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organisation. Demonstrates business, commercial and financial awareness, controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Believer and effective participant of a matrix organisation
Scope of Work (What)
- Direct online marketplace channel
- Strategic Pureplay Online Accounts
- Big Data understanding & analytical capability
- Reporting on channel development, KPI’s & budgets
- Engage with marketing team to ensure availability of best in class assets.
- Sharing and learning from best practice across the region and the globe.
Freedom to Act (How: decision making, tools, resources)
- Cross-functional GTM process Optimization
- Above within approved budgets, policies and Brand Standards
- Bachelor or above preferably in Business Management, Marketing or eCommerce
Needed Working Experience
- Relevant experience with Retail Ecommerce, Marketing and/or Merchandising
- In depth knowledge of e-commerce, web sales & marketing techniques & order fulfilment strategies
- Expertise in leading an Ecommerce/Marketplace business; platform development, marketing, product assortment, mix analysis and pricing strategies.
- Clear understanding of how the consumer operates in an Omni channel environment.
Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
Please send your CV as soon as possible along with a detailed cover letter to Josie Lahey that briefly details why you feel you would be suitable for this role and send to firstname.lastname@example.org / 0478803255.
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and newsletters.