IRONMAN Oceania operates a portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® and IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, premier running events The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Sydney Half Marathon, Runaway Noosa Marathon, Auckland Marathon, Queenstown Marathon Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including The Epic® Series and other multisport races, including Noosa and Mooloolaba Triathlon.
IRONMAN Oceania is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the region with more than 200,000 participants annually. Beginning as a single race in 1978, the iconic the IRONMAN® brand and its athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world.
As the National Head of Partner Services you will report directly to the Senior Director Global Partnerships, Oceania and will be working within the IRONMAN Oceania Partnerships team, managing the Account Managers and Account Coordinators. You will also be working alongside the IRONMAN Marketing, Finance, Athlete Services and Operations teams across the country.
Located at in the IRONMAN Sydney Office (or Melbourne) and may be required from time to time to work from different locations as required.
Scope of Role
IRONMAN develops, own and manage mass participation sporting events throughout the Oceania region. Working within the IRONMAN Oceania Team, the National Head Partner Services will be responsible for developing, servicing and maintaining assigned corporate client relationships (and potentially some Government relationships), as well as managing all sponsorship requirements for assigned events.
In addition, the National Head of Partner Services will have a strong focus on leading the Account Management team in partnership renewal goals and supporting the sales culture in securing new sponsorship revenue across the portfolio of events and digital assets to assist with achieving Ironman Oceania’s commercial revenue targets.
The role will involve the management of key national accounts and the supervision, training and leadership of the account management team in Australia.
The National Head of Partner Services will:
- Manage the partnerships team and ensure processes are being rolled out e.g.: Hospitality, regular WIP’s, partnership servicing, agreements/renewals, health checks.
- Train new staff and support the team with any questions and they have regarding events, partners and processes.
- Oversee all events and ensure the Partnerships team are delivering on partnership benefits/requirements. Proof read AIG, event apps, ensure all logos are placed on maps where needed, review websites.
- One on One meetings with the partnerships team members.
- Pick up some workload from the partnership team e.g.: WIP’s for Noosa Tri, , renewal for nominated partners.
- Assist Expo manager with expo requirements.
- Review Post Event-reports, government reporting, funding applications.
- Manage a portfolio of events and associated partners.
- Manage logo approvals for event collateral and e-newsletters.
- Manage all aspects of a large partner portfolio including regular meetings, event delivery, all year-round servicing, communication of benefits/requirements to the whole team, hospitality, marketing ideas, email communications and all items from the event checklist etc. Some of these partners include ASICS, ROKA, Ventum, Red Bull, Baker Institute, DNSW, Port Mac Council, Tourism WA, City of Busselton, Geelong Council, Normatec, Bexters, Rio Tinto etc.
- Coordinate signage for partners when required.
- Work with all other departments to ensure all deliverables within the sponsor’s agreements are met and to maximise partnership opportunities at events.
- Work on renewals for allocated accounts, draft agreements and LOAs.
- Help with renewals of accommodation partners.
- Assist with financial invoice and payment process.
- Manage monthly invoicing and ensure the team are cross checking where appropriate.
- Stay across all new partners ensuring smooth entry into the IRONMAN processes.
- Work with Account Managers on delivering Milestones to Government and Council partners.
- Assist with the hiring process.
- Assist with event rostering and travel.
- Review all letters of agreement and contracts that our team drafts, coordinating review with Legal and any queries back and forth between the Account Manager (on client’s behalf) and Legal, then arranging signing.
- Step in to draft agreements and Letters of Agreement’s (LOA) when Account Managers don’t have capacity.
- Update LOA and agreement templates.
- Coordinate anti-doping approvals.
- Preparing documents for OLT when required.
- Work on other partnership team projects (i.e. charity program, FOC accommodation process, VIK budget, new VIK process for RDs).
- Be a sounding board for Sales Managers and the Account Managers when putting together proposals, brainstorming leveraging ideas etc.
- Assist the Account Management team and Expo Manager with problem solving.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Account Management or sales/sponsorship/marketing related role preferably within a sporting or media environment.
- Experience in servicing and acquisition of sports/ event sponsorships.
- Outstanding customer service and relationship management skills.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills with ability to tailor communication style according to situation.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- A high level of computer skills, with CRM experience in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Energetic, personable and able to work co-operatively with other team members.
- Outstanding communicator
- Enthusiastic and confident
- Highly organised
- Professional and presentable
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team environment.
Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
Please send your CV along with a detailed cover letter that briefly details why you feel you would be suitable for this role directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any enquiries please contact Josie on 0478803255.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SRI is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and content, technology, sporting goods and fashion and esports.