Amer Sports is a world leading sporting goods company, offering technically advanced products that improve the performance of sports participants. Their major brands include Wilson, Salomon, Arcteryx, Suunto, and Atomic.
Due to an internal promotion and growth in the organisation we are recruiting a National Account Manager to manage Amer Sport’s major key accounts for Salomon, Arc’teryx and Suunto. You will be responsible for achieving sustainable and profitable brand growth through the delivery of a winning strategy in the Softgoods (Footwear & Apparel) Clicks & Mortar channel.
General purpose of the job
- Full responsibility for the management of allocated national accounts across the brand portfolio
- Account management within focus strategic accounts in support of the strategic account manager for the Softgoods element of the portfolio
- Delivering profitable sales growth across the Amer Sports business focused around the business fundamentals: be found online/win with winning accounts/accelerate b2c/exceptional consumer experience
Main responsibility areas
- Achievement of annual Amer Sports category sales & profit plan with the assigned accounts.
- Drives outstanding category door growth. Analysis and maximises distribution at an individual article and size level.
- Maximises in store availability for the consumer of Amer Sports brands.
- Annual, seasonal & monthly budgets & forecasts by account.
- Knows his/her categories, processes and systems within allocated accounts to an outstanding level.
- Maximises points of contact and influence: e.g. Key category decision makers, product buyers, merchandisers, allocators, marketing teams, E-com, staff training teams.
- Works closely with the commercial manager and others in the Amer sports organisation to develop programs and channel right product ranges that uniquely build Amer sports’ ability to succeed with those strategic accounts
- Performs sell in activities including pre-lining, seasonal business planning, range presentations, indent placements, order validation (check phasing, discount, volumes, product codes) and co-ordination of customer information requirements.
- Drive sell-through via face-to-face pre-order book management, analysis and monitoring of sell-out data, identification of re-order & new category opportunities. Work’s with ASA sales operations to deliver the agreed inventory metrics for the customer & Amer sports.
- Liaison with key customer contacts regarding supply where necessary and the communication of agree vas requirements into Amer organisation.
- Accountable for instore & online presentation excellence for each national account’s ‘clicks & mortar’ business to ensure we deliver an exceptional consumer experience & drive sell through
- Accountable for online presentation excellence for each national account’s ‘Etail’ business to ensure we deliver an exceptional consumer experience & drive sell through
- Accountable for identifying, planning & executing with the marketing executive budgeted trade marketing plans utilising all of the customer’s identified assets & activating all databases to benefit consumers
- Deliver outstanding account management disciplines via JBP processes.
- Knows all facets of their customer & their customer’s consumer
Needed working experience
- Above 5 years’ experience of sales, including national account & market development, account development & strong negotiation & planning skills
- Retail, lifestyle, outdoor channel with a strong preference for Softgoods expertise
- Proven outstanding account management skills on a national level managing ‘big box’ accounts
- Clear understanding of how the consumer operates in an omni channel environment.
Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
Please send your CV by Friday 22nd November 2019 with CV and cover letter letting us know why you feel you would be suitable for this role and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org / 0478803255.
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and newsletters.