Cricket Tasmania is committed to being one of the leading cricket organisations in the world and is pivotal to the success of cricket in Australia. Tasmania has consistently punched above its weight within Australia and is unapologetic in its desire to be the number one in Australia in all formats, ages and in both Men’s and Women’s cricket.
Cricket Tasmania achieves this through a best practice structure and process within their integrated Elite and High-Performance pathways and talent identification, with player development and opportunity at their core.
Cricket Tasmania has a demonstrated track record of elite player development having produced a succession of recent and current leaders like Ponting, Bailey, Wade and Paine. This rich history of player development is also now being witnessed in coaching with a Tasmanian influence becoming strong in Australia’s men’s cricket team after the appointment of Jeff Vaughan and Michael Di Venuto as assistant coaches to Justin Langer.
These changes have created a rare opportunity for a Head Coach to join and lead the Tasmanian Tigers Male Program into their next phase of growth.
- Develop and manage a strategic approach to implementing a well-planned and communicated performance program that includes campaign planning and training plans.
- Facilitation, development and communication of formal recorded Performance Plans for all contracted players.
- Lead the creation of an inclusive and safe learning environment that has clear expectations and behaviours which promote the development of players holistically.
- Regular interaction and communication with players and staff to develop strong relationships across the environment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practice performance processes across the Cricket Tasmania high performance programs.
- Educate the playing group around the technical and tactical elements relating to all formats of cricket.
- Bring an innovative mindset to coaching that is well planned and delivers a training environment that aligns to campaign plans, individual development and provides a challenging yet enjoyable environment.
- Facilitate and lead a relationship with the captain/s that allows the implementation of clear tactics and plans within and across programs, games & players.
- Support the Director of Coaching & Head Coach of Hurricanes as required during the BBL season.
- Provide strong leadership built on deep connections established across all staff and players. This includes being open and showing vulnerability in the way you lead.
- Drive engagement and motivation of playing group, player leadership group, coaches and support staff.
- Role model values and behaviours and ensure adherence by players, coaches and support staff. Clear evidence of values-based behaviour.
- Foster respect for individuals, program, environment and broader cricket objectives across the region and the country.
- Ensure there is a healthy brand perception and reputation of Cricket Tasmania representative teams. Consistently good brand survey results and positive media coverage and public feedback.
- Collaboration and integration of male and female Tigers programs’
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Demonstrated ability to formulate high performance cricket training programs and squad preparations that ensure team and individual success
- High level of ability to plan for the continued improvement of state team and squad players
- Significant experience within first-class cricket
- High level of commitment and enthusiasm for coaching and cricket
- Exemplary f time management skills
- A proven ability to motivate elite athletes and staff
- High level of communication skills
- An extremely strong work ethic
- Strategic planning in a cricketing context
- Team preparation
- Managing staff
- Sport science and its application to cricket
- Media presentation and public speaking experience
- Cricket at national level, international experience well regarded
- Player management practices and responsibilities
- Budget development and monitoring
HOW TO APPLY
The process is being managed by SRI. Enquires should be addressed to James Curtis at email@example.com before 22nd August 2021.
If you wish to speak to James in confidence, then please call on +61 451942070
For more information on please download the attached Candidate Brief.
SRI is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on media, content, technology and sport. We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
Diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental priority for SRI. Our philosophy focusses on embedding inclusive behaviours and processes across every element of our business practices, internally and in our work with clients and candidates.