Performance Director, England Men’s Cricket – ECB
The Performance Director will inspire and drive a world leading performance culture. They will work with the Managing Director – England Men’s Cricket, England Head Coach, Selectors, Head of Science, Medicine and Innovation, and County Directors of Cricket to ensure, that all of our programmes are helping us, deliver successful, respected and inspiring, England players and teams.
This is a strategic leadership role with responsibility for ensuring effective collaboration with partners and driving innovation.
Drive collaboration between the ECB and the counties to ensure that our best young players are able to successfully bridge the gap between county and international cricket and are fully prepared from a technical, mental and tactical perspective.
- Manage the roles and responsibilities of our Elite coaches and liaise with the MD England Cricket and England Head Coach on the requirements of the England Men’s Team.
- Line manage the Young Lions head coach and ensure they have the support to deliver an effective and successful U19 programme.
- Manage the talent ID process to ensure that we are identifying and developing the right players for our England teams and programmes.
- Direct the development and delivery of fully individualised player programmes (IPP’s) and personal development plans (PDP’s) for our England, Lions, Young Lions and other targeted cricketers.
- Establish and deliver summer and winter programmes that support the development of our players and teams.
- Work with the Head of Science, Medicine and Innovation on delivering a joined up and professional approach for all of our players and programmes.
- Work with the Head of Coach development to ensure that our England Coaches, at all levels, are provided with the best personal development support.
- Manage and direct the National Cricket Performance Centre (NCPC) staff and activities at the centre, including its use by county clubs.
- Ensure that we work within department budgets and operate as efficiently as possible.
This role will require inspirational leadership and strategic clarity to ensure genuine collaboration and partnership. The PD will continually drive colleagues and partners to create a world-class performance environment. They will provide consistent and high-profile presence across the game to ensure clarity of purpose.
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team of high-performing individuals in an elite sport environment
- Proven track record of leading an organisation to achieve success on an International stage
- Experience of developing effective working relationships between different organisations working towards a common goal
- Experience of creating and successfully implementing a long-term strategy in an elite sport environment
- Proven ability to articulate a strategic vision, ensuring consistent delivery and review
- Experience of reviewing a complex and interdependent environment and creating clarity of purpose
- Knowledge of elite-level sporting environments
- Expert background in Talent ID in domestic and/or international sport. Knowledge of elite cricket is preferable.
- Expert knowledge of the different functions inside an elite performance environment
- Experience of communicating a high-profile strategy with internal and external partners
- Experience of communicating technical and complex information with the ability to present in a simple and concise way
How to Apply
To register interest in this role candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
For a confidential discussion about the role please call 0207 092 6950