Senior Marketing Manager – Australian Turf Club
Australian Turf Club operates Sydney’s four racecourses; Royal Randwick, Warwick Farm, Rosehill Gardens and Canterbury Park. The Club attracts over 500,000 racegoers each year across 110 racedays. Highlights include the Golden Slipper Carnival, The Championships and Everest Carnival, the latter of which is headlined by the world’s richest race on turf The Everest. When we aren’t racing we are a renowned award winning culinary, events and entertainment venue.
At Australian Turf Club ‘The Heart of Sydney Racing’ we believe our people are at the heart of everything we do. The Club is embarking on exciting period of development under a new Executive Management team. We are seeking talented candidates who are true team players, customer focused and highly motivated. In return you will be rewarded with a unique, diverse and exciting employment experience.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the primary objectives of this role are:
- To lead, inspire, support and empower a strong team to implement brand marketing strategies that positively impact raceday attendance through improved customer acquisition, retention and spend per head.
- Drive revenue streams across ticketing, membership, hospitality and non raceday business (Events by ATC) across all Australian Turf Club venues and events through insight-led brand and marketing strategies to position the Club as a market leading racing and lifestyle entertainment proposition in Australia.
- The Senior Marketing Manager is a key decision-maker with respect to brand solutions across the business and is accountable for all of ATC’s branding. Long-term or strategic issues for the Department, or matters that affect other Departments, will have consultation with the Head of Marketing.
- Lead an organisational rebrand by implementing a consistent and motivating brand architecture; compelling visual identity and tone-of-voice; and help work with People & Culture department to build a customer orientated culture.
- Lead agency and media planning relationships to implement dynamic, innovative and aspirational campaigns and media planning to build awareness and drive revenue growth. Brief, execute and report on all campaign activity.
- Champion importance of customer insights to underpin business decision making. Lead data / insights agency relationship.
- Proactively lead on all business research requirements.
- Support insights-led guest experience innovation across all products including hospitality, Membership and General Admission guests to drive improved NPS, spend per head, customer acquisition and retention.
- Manage the Marketing expenditure of the Sales, Membership and Events by ATC Budgets by preparing annual budget estimates, monitoring expenditure, reporting on variances and complying with ATC’s polices on financial management.
- Work with key partners including local regulator Racing NSW and Destination NSW to align brand messaging and creative across major Carnivals.
- Work with sponsorship department to support recruitment of new sponsors and to effectively measure and deliver value to existing sponsors.
- Minimum 8 years proven experience in developing innovative brand marketing initiatives – sport / entertainment, travel, hospitality or other experience economy experience an advantage
- Strong agency management required
- Proven experience in media planning management and up-to-date with current market trends especially digital.
- Strong brand experience. Able to demonstrate strong brand results including visual, tone-of-voice and business culture.
- Strong CRM, research or data insight knowledge
- Proven knowledge and experience in managing, motivating and improving the performance of people in a team.
- Racing interest an advantage but not mandatory.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Passionate about brand
- Attention to detail
- Commercially orientated and results driven
- Ability to set targets, monitor and measure performance of direct reports
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to develop innovative solutions that achieve business objectives
- Financial acumen to manage budget planning, forecasting and reporting
- Good business acumen
- The position holder requires relevant tertiary qualifications
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
James Curtis 0451942070