We are BLAST – the global esports media network delivering world class entertainment experiences.
Whether it be intimate broadcast studio shows, arena events, our digital platforms or top-class multi-platform content, we create the most exciting, exhilarating and euphoric moments in esports.
Our Moments are competitive and life-affirming; they give our audience social currency and, along with fans, coaches and players, we make culture. These moments jump out of the screen, catch your breath in your chest and are the most entertaining, positive esports experiences people can have.
Our Euphoric Moments last a lifetime: a shared moment you crave time and time again
BLAST Premier is the jewel in our crown – a worldwide Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament where the best teams and brightest stars fight it out for glory and a $4.25m total prize pool. From London to Copenhagen, Austin to Sao Paolo to the Middle East, BLAST Premier travels the globe. Broadcast around the world in 135 territories to over 200m households, our Moments are enjoyed at serious scale.
…is game changing. We’re looking for a hungry PR professional who can define a story, has a contacts book to die for and the ability to translate stories into content for press (tv, magazine, newspapers and beyond) worldwide. You’ll have experience in entertainment and be someone who can take BLAST and bring it into the mainstream whilst understanding and nurturing our wonderful existing esport community. You must be able to work on delivering campaigns yourself whilst equally project managing, steering and inspiring local market partners. You’ll naturally fit into a marketing unit looking to keep making euphoric moments on a global stage with multiple threads happening at once. This role covers B2C & B2B, so experience across this is useful but not essential.
We’re not looking for a strategist only; you’ve got to be able to write, chase down leads, get out there in the world and make things happen.
- Create and keep up to date a living Storybook listing the key stories across the year
- Covers brand, tournament and corporate
- Deliver these stories into the market
- Own the Journalist/Creator list and relationships. Grow the list as a priority.
- Maintain and grow our relationships in:
- Mainstream press (tv, papers, magazine)
- Television and broadcast
- Endemic media
- Write all press releases
- Produce and create all press packs in English
- Work with partners or colleagues for translations
- Work with Director of Marketing to update on team success on Friday updates
- Work with and feed into overall tactical campaign strategies (tournaments and other activations)
- Deliver against those plans owning the PR projects end-to-end
- Support and build out our collaborations pillar of our marketing strategy
- Work alongside colleagues to support and guide
- Strategy for best press activity alongside Marketing Lead and Head of Digital aiming for impact – tournament ticket sales, brand growth through coverage and local legacies
- Oversee and guide all comms/PR related activity with LCPs, including launches, announcements and requests
- Work with partners and venues marketing and PR teams to compliment press activity
This role requires attendance at all events – currently 7 tournaments a season.
- Work with Head of Relations by providing media opportunities into media days and supporting the Head of Relations in broadcasters’ requirements where needed
- Support on location for relationship/press management
- Find stories in each event as it happens and push out so it’s a continuation with a climax at every event where BLAST leave a legacy
- Work with broadcast, sponsors and LCPs to find the stories to tell during events
- Coordinate with all parties so event stories turn into public announcements
- Work with Head of Relations on accreditations and necessary admin for Media Content Days
- Create a corporate story plan working with key stakeholders and deliver against it
- Create and curate the stories of corporate BLAST
- Provide regular materials to internal staff for advocacy
- Find and book speaking engagements that feed into plan for Leadership team
- Lead crisis comms including strategy, management and follow up
This role will be measured on metrics such as but not limited to brand uplift, media value, types of articles and news outlets where BLAST is featured, success of events & new business metrics such as audience growth, sponsorship increase, city promotion/impact potential and talent attraction/ use.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5 years direct PR experience
- Existing list of contacts in ideally multiple markets
- Superb negotiating and ‘sales’ skills
- Top communicator
- Creative thinker and fantastic project manager – this job is for both sides of the brain
- You have a keen understanding of media and the news cycle with proven success achieving coverage across different media segments
- An exceptional PR background with experience working ideally in entertainment (TV, Sports or Events) publicity or a directly related sector. Knowledge of or experience working in esports not essential but preferred.
- Hands on crisis comms experience
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues across the business, setting aside self-interest to achieve the best outcome.
- A self-starter, able to drive forward projects with minimal direction to create momentum
- Equally skilled at working independently and with others
- Seeks advice and input where useful, leave the ego at home
- Strong experience in strategic planning of PR campaigns and hands on delivery
- Experience of working with high profile talent
- Ideally would’ve worked on TV sets or arena locations before
What we offer
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to join the development of a global esports circuit and be part of a fast-moving organisation that already has made a substantial footprint in the world of esports.
- An energetic work environment with fantastic colleagues with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and an office in London, UK.
- An informal workplace with a high degree of flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts.