Sponsorship Development Manager – Cricket NSW
Cricket NSW is the custodian of a number of high profile teams including the Sydney Sixers, Sydney Thunder, NSW Blues and NSW Breakers. Enjoying significant success across all formats, the State has historically produced a high percentage of the men’s Test XI, while the women have won 3 out of 4 WBBL titles since the competition began.
The primary role of the Sponsorship Development Manager is to contribute to the Cricket NSW Commercial budgets by identifying and securing new sponsors and associated revenue. The ability to create and maintain an up to date network of potential prospects, as well as leading the proposal development process, are also key requirements for the position.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have a sales hunter mentality, be comfortable initiating new sales conversations with prospects via phone, email, LinkedIn, and networking events.
- Must be comfortable with regular cold calling
- Sell commercial partnerships for Sydney Sixers, Sydney Thunder, NSW Blues and NSW Breakers assets to meet agreed revenue targets
- Initiate conversations with potential commercial partners through cold calling prospects, leveraging existing contacts and engaging with agencies
- Actively research and prospect for new customer leads in line with the needs of all Cricket NSW commercial assets
- Maximise the opportunity for face to face meetings with prospective clients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all Cricket NSW internal departments to identify commercial opportunities
- Liaise with Cricket Australia’s commercial team to ensure that Cricket NSW and W/BBL assets do not conflict with sponsorships at a national or league level
- Under the guidance of the General Manager – Commercial, create bespoke proposals across sponsorship, signage, hospitality and regional venue content
- Conduct due diligence to develop and finalise agreements for sponsorship, signage, hospitality and regional venue content
- At all times, display a professional approach both internally with key stakeholders and when meeting with potential and existing commercial partners
- Assist the Commercial team in delivering match day activations during the W/BBL and corporate events during international matches at the SCG
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- Potential and existing Cricket NSW, Sydney Sixers and Sydney Thunder partners
- Potential and existing hospitality clients
- Potential and existing government departments where required (regional venues)
- Cricket NSW management and staff
- Cricket Australia management and staff
- 4+ years’ experience in a business development role, ideally with brands, but not necessarily within the sports industry
- Demonstrated experience in new business development / cold calling
- Proven track record of selling high value products/services
- Must be brand literate and have a keen interest in marketing
- In-depth knowledge of cricket/sport would be advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrated experience in selling creative solutions for a rights holder across several media platforms would be an added bonus
- Ability to negotiate and establish business and commercial partnerships in line with business goals and objectives
- Conduct negotiations with clients, balancing the need to secure the business with the need to maintain profitability
- Ability to communicate and present at the appropriate levels within various organisations
- Sound verbal and interpersonal skills that facilitate the building and maintenance of strong partner relationships
- Excellent written communication skills that facilitate the production of quality proposals and business cases
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong PowerPoint skills are a must
Personal Attributes and Behaviours
- A motivated self-starter who is driven to succeed
- A real sales focus with the ability and confidence close deals
- Strong set of personal values that are aligned with Cricket NSW’s values
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A client focused individual who is always looking for an angle to drive new business
- Capacity to offer ideas that contribute to Cricket NSW’s commercial success
SRI is a global executive search and consulting firm focused on sport, media, content and technology.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
Please contact James Curtis email@example.com or on +61 451 942 070 for further information.
How to Apply
To apply, you should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae