Sporting Coordinator Rally/Cross Country – Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile
Role: Sporting Coordinator Rally/Cross Country
Reports to: Category Manager
Client: Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile is the governing body overseeing all that relates to auto racing events as well as auto organizations, road and user safety, with an extremely strong DNA in the technical intricacies of the sport.
The organisation’s drive is to be known as one of the leaders in promoting the search for better performance. Its aim is to ensure that events it governs over have best in class practices not only from a user perspective but also from a safety and security perspective.
The rally department looks after all Rally championships that fall under the responsibility of the FIA. It ensures the smooth running of the competitions as well as transparent communication between the federation and the relevant stakeholders.
The role entails the continuous administrative management of the Rally events regulated by the FIA such as redacting minutes, communication with the officials, website management, emails, etc. This diverse role will be in close contact and under supervision of the category manager and will require excellent organisation and time management skills.
This position is essential to the smooth running and transparency between the department and relevant stakeholders internally as well as externally.
- Championships / Trophies – Administrative Management & Monitoring
- Administrative follow-up of official documents
- Deliver Visa for each event
- Follow-up the WRC test days
- Monitor entry list, for every event
- Monitor the insurance documents for each WRC event
- Commissions & Working groups (except TWG) – Administrative management
- Plan, schedule and prepare meetings (Commissions, Working Groups and other meetings) in consultation with the Category Manager
- Coordinates and draft the paperwork of the meetings: invitations, agendas, dossier, presentations, minutes
- Monitor the registration of calendar dates by the ASNs
- Manage registrations in championships
- Manage event entry applications
- Follow the relevant International series within Rally/Cross Country
- Collect the event reports, drawn up by the observers or Sporting delegates, and circulate those to the relevant parties
- Archive the event reports on the FIA server
- Budget management:
- Follow and update using SAGE software
- Sending the nomination of officials, monitoring their availability
- Monitor and rate the missions of designated officials at each event throughout the season
- Communication / Media coordination:
- Update the WEB site, publishing documents specific to the category
- Management / processing of invoices related to the Championships / Trophies (registrations, fines, suppliers) in liaison with the accounting department
- Follow up the payment of invoices and fines
- Manage the online payment system
- Process external invoices and purchase orders
- Monitor the classifications and update championship classification on the FIA website
- Update the private part of the FIA website
- Manage the Category joint e-mail inbox, dealing with emails, forwarding them to the persons concerned and classify them
- Manage FIA Box
- Attend meetings when necessary
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience and interest in working in an administrative position
- Perfect writing skills
- Impeccable organization skills with close attentional to detail
- Professional experience within a regulated environment with strict guidelines
- Previous experience within Motorsports and/or International Federations is highly advantageous
- Experience in booking meetings, making travel arrangements, writing and dissipating minutes
- Knowledge and interest in motorsports are advantageous, specific desire to become knowledgeable of the Rally discipline will be essential
- Excellent skills in multitasking and operate at high level during stressful situations
- Previous experience in working for multi departmental organisations
- Naturally curious individual with the ability to work autonomously
- Diplomatic, and comfortable in interacting on a professional level with high ranking stakeholders
- Discreet with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Able to interact with and use simple Content Management Systems (ie. website updates)
- Understanding of budget management
- Fluency in English and French are a must
- Knowledge of MS Office, Sage, Adobe (InDesign).
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts.