Sporting Coordinator Touring Cars – Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile
Role: Sporting Coordinator Touring
Reports to: Sporting Manager (Touring Cars) and Director of Sports Cars/Touring Cars/FE
Client: Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
FIA is a global organization which takes pride in promoting motorsports and its safe, sustainable and accessible mobility for all road users across the world. They are distinguished by their strong focus and commitment to technical and safety aspects of the motorsports. The organization’s goal is to ensure fair play and safety across all motorsport competitions by allowing all participants to feel that “you are in safe hands”.
The Touring Car discipline sits within the Sports Cars/Formula E/Touring Cars department. The Touring Car Cup is the flagship race taking place internationally where teams and driver are competing in a point system championship format. The competition is seen as the most prestigious in its field.
The sporting coordinator ensures administrative management of specific championships, commissions and sporting working groups. This position is key in ensuring smooth communication across disciplines within the department, as well as the FIA, and appropriate external stakeholders.
The role will involve both administrative tasks out of the Federation’s HQ in Geneva, as well as hands on work on specific events abroad, which will vary from the racetrack operational activities to the management of guests during their attendance to the race and outside the event.
- Responsible for the administration of Commissions and Sporting Working Groups
- Organising meetings
- Drafting and monitoring agendas, dossiers
- Keeping minutes of meetings
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact for championships, in liaison with the ASNs, promoters and teams
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities (following up, invoicing the ASNs, promoters and teams, etc.)
- Follow the procedure for appointing officials and assists with the coordination of FIA officials
- FIA external staff coordination (invoice tracking, accreditations, traveling, etc…)
- Any other day-to-day administrative work with ASNs, teams, promoters and FIA officials.
- Management / processing of invoices related to the Championships / Trophies (registrations, fines, suppliers) in liaison with the accounting department
- Sending the nomination of officials, monitoring their availability
- On field:
- Event delivery assistant activities (planting flags, stickers, running errands as required)
- Booking and attending lunches/dinner when appropriate
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and interest in working in an administrative position
- Experience in working within a certain capacity for a circuit
- Previous experience within Motorsports, and/or International Federations is highly advantageous
- Culturally astute with the willingness to travel
- Impeccable organization skills with close attentional to detail
- Knowledge/interest in motor sport activities and championships are important and required
- Excellent skills in multitasking
- Able to communicate on a professional level with varying stakeholders
- Resilient, able to work under pressure and within tight deadline
- Flexible and adaptable to last minute changes
- Previous experience in working for multi departmental organisations
- Energetic, communicative, and enthusiastic
- Fluency in English is a must, French desired, additional language(s) are advantageous
- Microsoft Office tools
- Sage, and Adobe tools are a plus
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Applications must be submitted via SRI’s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRI are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts.