Strategic Key Account Manager – SUUNTO
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognised brands across ANZ including Salomon, Wilson, Atomic, Arc’teryx and SUUNTO. The company’s technically advanced sports equipment, footwear and apparel improve performance and increase the enjoyment of sports and outdoor activities. The Group’s business is balanced by its broad portfolio of sports and products and a presence in all major markets.
The Strategic Key Account Manager for SUUNTO is the primary account owner for the brand’s largest accounts and is responsible for driving sales growth in these accounts for the brand.
- Develops Joint Business Plans (JBP) with customers which facilitate achievement of mutual financial objectives. The JBP is used as the basis for on-going performance review with the customer and steps are taken continuously to ensure the plan goals are delivered
- Knows the strategic accounts intimately. Maintains an exceptional understanding of the strategic accounts’ strategy, positioning to consumers, and the priorities of various purchase decision-makers
- Works closely with the Country Head and others in the SUUNTO/Amer Sports organization to develop programs, merchandising solutions and product ranges that uniquely build SUUNTO’S ability to succeed with those strategic accounts
- Overall ownership for negotiation of account terms & conditions with SUUNTO, within the pricing guard rails of each brand & category
- Devises and leads initiatives that benefit the retailer‘s sales and profitability, which the retailer rewards through exceptional in-store brand presence, promotional collaboration & category leadership
- Planning & Preparation: Knows accounts intimately. Maintains thorough account plan & orients day-to-day activities to actions that deepen the mutual benefits from the relationship with the key account
- Relationship-Building & Interpersonal Skills: Quickly builds rapport with the different stakeholders in the customer organization. Demonstrates appreciation of each stakeholder‘s needs
- Listening skills & solution selling: Becomes customer‘s sporting goods advisor by offering broad Suunto offering that goes beyond product. Entrepreneurial approach by identifying new programs to create win-win proposals
- Sell-through management: Proposes sell-through mechanisms that align well with retailer’s strategy. Constantly monitors sell-through & proactively proposes ways to optimize.
- Presenting: Is articulate & effective in presenting the business benefits of the SUUNTO offering. Builds credibility by demonstrating a deep understanding of the CE/sports consumer.
- Managing objections: Anticipates objections and prepares facts & evidence to counter them. Identifies win-win opportunities to link customer performance with the retailer’s ability to succeed with SUUNTO
- Customer value orientation: Designs and proposes plans to grow retailer’s financial returns from sporting goods
- Business acumen: Combines strategic & financial analysis to identify business opportunities. Appreciates the ‘bigger picture’ from the standpoint of the account
Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter that briefly details why you feel you would be suitable for this role directly to James Curtis – email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SRI is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting-edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and content, technology, sporting goods and fashion and esports.