Strategic Partnership Director, Golf – IMG China
Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG) is a global leader in sports, entertainment and fashion operation in more than 30 countries. Named one of Fortune’s 25 Most Important Private Companies, Endeavor is comprised of a network of industry-leading companies specializing in talent representation and management; brand marketing, sponsorship and licensing; media sales and distribution; event operation and management; and sports training and league development.
Endeavor 巍美 is a subsidiary of Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG). Formed through an investment group that includes Sequoia Capital China, Tencent, Focus Media and FountainVest Partners. Endeavor is focused on building upon Endeavor’s longstanding presence in China and advancing its growth across entertainment and sports.
The partnership gives Endeavor a unique platform to optimise their growth strategy in China and they now require Strategic Partnership Director, Golf to join the team.
Based in Shanghai, the Strategic Partnership Director, Golf will be responsible for creating new revenue opportunities through business development in China across both WME and IMG businesses, and optimising revenue results by selling WME|IMG’s portfolio of golf inventory to corporate sponsors in the region. This role will report to the Vice President, Golf.
- Develop sponsorship sales revenues across IMG Golf’s business regionally, particularly Greater China.
- Commercialisation of golf assets across events, clients, hospitality, barter and new business development through sponsorship sales in golf.
- Develop an effective sponsorship business development plan with specified sales targets aligned with the strategic vision of the division
- Construct and deliver executive level presentations and RFP responses with the ability to conduct full negotiations with clients
- Develop relationships across IMG’s business regionally and with international sponsorship sales executives in IMG offices worldwide.
- Ability to identify new sponsorship business opportunities and generating new ideas;
- Provide regular periodic reporting on revenue and profitability
- Preferably has a strong network in Hong Kong / China corporate environment;
- Leading the sales and marketing executives in IMG offices
- Assist with the generation of proposals and the translation and editing of proposals and reports in Chinese;
- Database management of corporate clients; and Market Updates and sales reports.
- Assist with government relationship where applicable.
- Service existing and new co-sponsors during the events where necessary;
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 7-8 years sales and marketing experience.
- Proven ability to generate leads.
- A visionary who has the skills and dedication to take a project from conception to completion
- A strong ability to think strategically, creatively and tactically;
- Self-motivated, determined personality;
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English; good written skill in English.
- The ability to work well independently and also with team members; Matured, Self-motivated, team player and capable to work under pressure;
- Willing to travel often and ability to work effectively on the road.
- Very strong corporate sales & partnerships background;
- Strong communication and presentation skills in Mandarin Chinese and good written skill in Chinese;
- Project/account management experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Technically minded and IT literate. Strong ability in basic PC knowledge and presentation;
- Highly proficient in the creation and delivery of sponsorship sales proposals and materials;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Aptitudes/ Personal Profile
- Sound business acumen and ability to build business relationships with clients both internally and externally;
- Excellent communication skills in both Mandarin Chinese and English (both written and verbal);
- Strong ability to take initiative and think forward;
- Independent and results-oriented mentality;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about new challenges;
- Team player/leader with mentoring skills.
- An enthusiasm for and interest in sport, media and entertainment;
- Out- going and approachable.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
M: +86 189 1025 1737
M: +86 189 1063 5763