Britannica Education provides reliable, award-winning reference and curriculum solutions for educators, serving 140 million students across 83+ countries.
Our vision is to meet the unique challenges and needs of the markets we serve by providing innovative solutions that inspire curiosity and empower educators and learners.
We partner, hand-in-hand, with education leaders to help them leverage technology creatively, making it easier for teachers to personalise, inspire, and educate, while also ensuring that learning and discovery is joyful and engaging for students.
ROLE: VP Sales, APAC
Responsible for providing leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to their assigned sales team, the VP Sales, APAC is a front-line sales leader accountable for the profitable achievement of their regional sales goals and for aligning sales efforts with Britannica Education’s overall business strategy.
- Lead team through change initiatives minimizing disruption while improving engagement
- Accurately forecast opportunity outcomes for assigned region to advise company forecasting
- This role requires both domestic and international travel
MARKETS: Australia, New Zealand, and designated countries throughout the Asia Pacific region
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
Business & People Management
- Builds unity and efficiency of sales reps under management
- Develop a positive sales team culture of individual and collective achievement
- Improve average performers and empower above average performers to excellence; develop team building and team motivating activity
Inclusion & Collaboration:
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across teams
- Encourages team spirit and ambition to achieve within the group, while placing the interests of the team above individual interests
Sales Process Management & Adherence:
- Understands the connection between overall company success and adoption of processes, modeling company policy adoption for peers
- Using CRM system, adhering to sales process, and understanding team sales dynamics that drive mutual success
Convert Strategy to Actionable Tactics:
- Develops tactics to implement corporate sales strategy & exceed planned outcomes
- Links teams opportunities & decision points to execution of corporate strategy
Industry & Product Knowledge
- Possesses technical knowledge of tools and trends within the AUS/NZ/APAC education industry; stays current in possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting team’s prospects
- Deep understanding of customer businesses and their internal organisation; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
Customer Growth and Retention
- Drives coordinated account planning activities, building and leading Account-based business plans for targeted/high-value customers
- Prioritising efforts and understanding account potential
- Demonstrating grasp of macro-environment & consequent account impact (competition, regulation, consumer demands, business trends, regional issues, vertical factors, technology improvements)
- Leverages knowledge of customer loyalty and personal connections with accounts to help team plan for and deliver on objectives
- Secure repeat business, leads and advance notice of at-risk business that drive net revenue growth
- Generate/ask for references
New Business Sales
- Manages the teams’ opportunity pipeline proactively, leveraging internal and external networks to help team members increase opportunity value or accelerate campaigns
- Demonstrates ingenuity, providing deal-based ideas
- Forecasts with accuracy
- Knows how to develop uniquely strong customer loyalty; has a deep understanding of customer perspectives; key account executive contacts will go to bat for him/her
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the team as well as customers
Partnering with Marketing:
- Ensures team uses corporate marketing programs; assists in creating/bootstrapping marketing material to support sales campaigns
- Drives ownership and accountability with sales-generated opportunities
- Brainstorming with Marketing to create content relevant to emerging customer scenarios; understanding where/how buyers do solution research
- Coaches team on when and how to partner with Marketing peers
Background and Experience
- Considerable experience in formal and/or informal leadership roles
- Prior experience in a field sales leadership role with accountability for a roll-up sales target (3+ years)
- Significant demonstrated success as an individual contributor in field sales roles (7+ years)
- Track record of growing sales year-over-year and maintaining customer retention
- Record of successful sales forecasting with minimal variance from stated forecasts
- Consistent record of excelling in periods and situations of high uncertainty, fostering resilience and maintaining morale of self and colleagues
- Ability to manage full-cycle opportunities applying CRM (e.g., Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- Demonstrated capacity to work cross-functionally with peers in Customer Success, Marketing, and Product to advance customer and company success
- Proficient in collaboration tools (e.g., Google tools, Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Significant experience selling educational technology products (5+ years)
- Education experience in a leadership role
- Expert knowledge of K-12 markets, e-Learning products, markets, and funding sources
- Extensive experience working on a regular basis with district administrators and executives
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and policy for assigned territory
A competitive compensation package including cash, bonus and benefits will be designed to attract a superior candidate.
Britannica strives to provide its users with trustworthy, verified information in a constantly changing world. We aspire to fulfill that mission with a diverse, multigenerational workforce who represent a variety of life experiences and points of view. All backgrounds and cultures are welcomed.
Britannica Education is a part of the Britannica Group (Encyclopaedia Britannica®, Merriam-Webster®, and Melingo), a global knowledge leader whose flagship products inspire curiosity and the joy of learning on multiple platforms and devices. Encyclopaedia Britannica, founded in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1768, marked in December 2018 its 250th anniversary and its 25th anniversary on the Internet. A pioneer in digital learning since the 1980s, the company today serves the needs of students, lifelong learners, and professionals by providing curriculum products, language-study courses, digital encyclopedias, and dictionaries through its extensive product portfolio.
How to Apply: Your application should include:
- a cover letter [maximum two pages] briefly responding to the key accountabilities and capabilities of the role description.
- an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Patrick Gallagher – Partner, Head of Media & Entertainment
Please note SRI (www.sriexecutive.com) has been retained by Encyclopaedia Britannica as the exclusive search partner for this assignment. All applications will be forwarded to SRI as part of this process.
Diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental priority for SRI. Our philosophy focusses on embedding inclusive behaviours and processes across every element of our business practices, internally and in our work with clients and candidates.
Applications close 12pm Monday 17 February 2023.