W Series, Sales Promoter Manager
W Series is the ground-breaking racing series for women that launched in October 2018 -the first and only women’s race championship in the world.
Our goal at W Series is to take ownership of the female motorsport space and provide multiple platforms for the next generation of female drivers, empowering them to pursue greatness in their field of choice and attracting a new fan base to the sport.
The Sales Promoter Manager will develop and manage commercial relationships with a diverse range of potential race promoters and host cities across the globe with the goal to drive revenue and build fan engagement.
- Research a diverse range of cities to host W Series racing events in existing and new race markets
- Develop and build relationships with new promoters to maintain and drive forward promoter revenue streams
- Research local market trends and evaluate promoter territories
- Negotiate new and existing event contracts
- Manage the day-to-day relationship management for all promoters
- Work with each promoter on commercial affairs of each W Series event to align shared commercial interest ranging from territory specific commercial partnership sales, fan engagement initiatives, hospitality, event production and marketing
- Work closely with wider commercial operations to deliver fully integrated W Series event
- Review each W Series event to build on the success for future delivery to amplify fan and partner experience
- Liaise with relevant government stakeholders where required
- Liaise with rights holders who we race alongside
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years’ experience in a senior client relationship management/ commercial partnership and/or sales role
- 3+ years of international experience in live events/ sports / entertainment industry
- Proven track record of managing high level relationships and delivering partnerships with clients
- Good understanding of event sponsorship and how rights and assets can be leveraged for
mutual benefit within a partnership
- Leading high-level negotiations
- Working with a global or multinational media/ entertainment/ sports rights organisation
- Dealing with government stakeholders
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of managing a project from conception to delivery
- Ability to source, close and execute commercial negotiations through to contracting and signature
- Ability to effectively present information to promoters and internal stakeholders
- Additional languages would be an advantage
- Strong cultural and political awareness
- A commercial, results driven individual with entrepreneurial capabilities
- Flexible with working hours (including working weekends and international travel)
- Truly live and believe in our values of equality and inclusion
- Strategic, yet hands-on
- Cope well under pressure and resilient
- Passion for sport – including motorsport
How to Apply
SRI is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm, servicing the rapidly converging industries of media, entertainment, technology and sport.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across 11 offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multivacancy projects.
We’re proud to be the exclusive partner of W Series on this important search.
To apply, candidates should send the following information:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Details of current remuneration
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Adam Judd on firstname.lastname@example.org